• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax

@ColonelCash:

Thanks. I saw the thread after I posted this (maybe next time I'll read before I post LOL).

Comment

I have never been to up on spray wax because I never thought it was worth the time. How does this compare to NXT 2.0 wax? Does it give the same protection as you
      would if u were to wax it regular? Obviously, I would still take the time to hand wax my car? When is the correct time to be using this. Was Meguiars thinking about us people that have cold winter snowy months and wanted to help us protect our value during that time of the season?

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
      My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Mike,
        Is this a wax or a sealant like NXT?
        Heatgain (Gary)
        The Irate Magistrate
        Neutral & Detached

Comment

Mike,
          Is this suppose to replace or work with UQD?
          Jovan Aguilar

2008 Nissan 350Z Nismo #0693 - Magnetic Black

Comment

Originally posted by Heatgain View Post
            Mike,
            How do you define the term wax?
            How do you define the term paint sealant?

The only technical information on this product so far is listed in the bullet points on the first page of this thread, besides that you'll have to wait till SEMA/NACE is over and everyone returns to work next week.

Good question as a lot of people get confused over these two terms.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by havoc0351 View Post
              Mike,
              Is this suppose to replace or work with UQD?
              From the bullet points on the first page of this thread,

A breakthrough in spray wax technology
              Contains Hydrophobic Technology
              Awesome shine and water beading
              No white residue on trim
              Can even be applied in direct sunlight
              Our longest lasting protection from a spray wax

It's an option. You can use one or the other, they are different types of products. You could spray this wax onto your car's paint after washing the car, (washing provides you with clean paint), or you could use UQD to wipe the car clean and then use UQW, (wiping the car clean would provide you with clean paint.

Both products contain HT

Another great question!
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I can tell that this will be my favourite of the 2009 products!
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  From the bullet points on the first page of this thread,

A breakthrough in spray wax technology
                  Contains Hydrophobic Technology
                  Awesome shine and water beading
                  No white residue on trim
                  Can even be applied in direct sunlight
                  Our longest lasting protection from a spray wax

It's an option. You can use one or the other, they are different types of products. You could spray this wax onto your car's paint after washing the car, (washing provides you with clean paint), or you could use UQD to wipe the car clean and then use UQW, (wiping the car clean would provide you with clean paint.

Both products contain HT

Another great question!
                  Hi Mike, if we compare this spray wax with others meguiars wax, what the durability like ? Or this is just simply a quick and easy maintainance tool ?

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post
                    Or this is just simply a quick and easy maintainance tool ?
                    There you go...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

There you go...

Thanks Mike !

Comment

Anyone that's read this forum for any length of time knows I really like Meguiar's Spray Waxes, in fact it was 2 things that led me to write two how-to articles on how to use these products. These two things are,

1) My personal preference for spray-on waxes
                        2) My understanding that some people don't understand how to properly apply a spray-on wax.

Here are the two articles mentioned above which are both in our How To Articles forum,

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax! - Written on Oct 19th, 2004, 07:29 PM
                        Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax - Written on Dec 21st, 2004, 03:17 PM

It was the second reason for the two above articles and that's because using a spray-on wax and getting good results, (that's 2 things by the way), is very technique oriented when the wax has to dry before you wipe it off and this meant applying a thin thin coating and that's usually where people made their mistakes. In a nutshell, most people would spray the wax onto the car and then try to spread it out and when using a dry cloth to spread the liquid wax out the dry cloth would tend to absorb the wax back off the car and this made it difficult to leave behind a uniform, thin film of wax.

With this new product, you don't have to leave behind a thin film to dry and if fact it works more like a quick detailer instead of one of our traditional spray-on waxes. In other words, like a quick detailer, you mist the wax on, spread it around and the turn you wiping cloth to a dry side and buff off the product to a hard, dry shine and move on to the next section until you gone all the way around the car.

Used correctly, this product is used on paint in EXCELLENT shape, this is not a product for paint that needs to be clayed, then have the swirls removed and then polished to a high gloss. Ultimate Wax, just like Quik Wax and NXT Spray Wax is for use on paint that is already in excellent shape to start with and thus it is a maintenance product that you can apply quickly and produce a deep, wet shine just as fast as you can apply a quick detailer and then wipe it off.

I was given a full size Lab Sample Bottle of Ultimate Quik Wax and it's almost empty from using it on my 1975 Jimmy as it works so well.

Excellent gloss, shine and slickness and it's fast because you use it like a quick detailer in that you don't have to cover the paint with a film that has to dry. This also makes it "Bubba-Proof".

If you already like spray waxes you're going to love this product. If you haven't liked spray-on waxes in the past, maybe give this product a try, it might just surprise you and become you new "Date Night" product of choice.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Maybe a good product for those hard to deal with Jeep hard tops. What do ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
                            Maybe a good product for those hard to deal with Jeep hard tops. What do ya think?
                            It will be if the Jeep Hardtop has a glossy finish to start with. If it has a matte finish then you'll have to try a test spot and watch it over time.

Because this products doesn't turn white or stain trim it just might work. Maybe your Jeep Hardtop can be our test project?

If so, let me know and I'll see if I can get you a small sample to try...

No promises as samples of new products are more valuable than gold right now and no one is giving up what they have...

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Be more than happy to give it a try, send me a PM if your able to send me a sample and I'll give you the necessary info.

Comment

Originally posted by Heatgain View Post
                                Mike,
                                How do you define the term wax?
                                How do you define the term paint sealant?
                                Mike,
                                My definitions:
                                Wax: contains Carnauba, possibly others waxes, No polymers.
                                Sealant: Contains polymers.

Does this new spray wax contain polymers, like NXT does? (I hope it does.)

Thanks.
                                Heatgain (Gary)
                                The Irate Magistrate
                                Neutral & Detached

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');