• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    No promises as samples of new products are more valuable than gold right now and no one is giving up what they have...
    Originally posted by TXShine View Post
    Be more than happy to give it a try, send me a PM if your able to send me a sample and I'll give you the necessary info.
    Mike, I don't have a whole lot left but if you can't find any I can spare mine in the name of testing.

Or I'll even trade oz for oz of gold!
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Heatgain View Post
      Mike,
      My definitions:
      Wax: contains Carnauba, possibly others waxes, No polymers.
      Sealant: Contains polymers.
      Hmmm, by this definition which Meguiar's products qualify as waxes? M26 contains polymers, as does Gold Class and ColorX. Even Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax contains polymers. I do not know about Cleaner Wax or the professional line cleaner waxes, but I would guess that the latter are also hybrid waxes.

I suppose that M16 qualifies as a true carnauba wax--at least I haven't read that it contains polymers.

I'm sure that those in the know will enlighten us on this.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

The problem with trying to define things using the term polymer is it's a catch-all term, all it means is a repeating chain of monomers.

Just so you know, Carnauba Wax is a polymer and so is human skin.

I started writing an article on defining or at least categorizing waxes and paint sealants but after all the talk is done it's still going to come down to my sig line.

A better way to break "Protection Products" into categories would be to keep it simple and place these types of products into,

All man made or synthetic ingredients
        All natural ingredients
        Blended - Both synthetic and natural ingredients
        Blended - Multiple types of synthetic ingredients
        Blended - Multiple types of natural ingredients

That should cover all the bases, the problem again will be that in some cases you won't be able to get this kind of specific information from the companies that make the products, and that pertains to all companies not just Meguiar's.

Formulas and ingredients are closely guarded secrets and I'll say it again, we understand online enthusiasts are curious... that's great, but most companies in this industry are not going to share proprietary information like this, especially on a public discussion forum.

So while we appreciate your curiosity, and I'm just as curious and they don't tell me either, the focus of this forum is always going to be to keep the focus on the performance of the products not the ingredients in the bottle or can.

Hope that helps...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I cant wate for the new Ultimate wax to come out . I like spray waxes anyhow and Im itchen to try this one.

Comment

Sound's like awesome stuff!! It will make waxing a lot easier, Now you wont have to find shade or wait for the sun to set!!

Comment

Only asking if it has synthetics in it because in my experience synthetics last a lot longer than pure wax with no synthetics. For example, NXT 2.0 lasts a long time, much longer than a regular carnauba product.
              Heatgain (Gary)
              The Irate Magistrate
              Neutral & Detached

Comment

Only asking if it has synthetics in it because in my experience synthetics last a lot longer than pure wax with no synthetics. For example, NXT 2.0 lasts a long time, much longer than a regular carnauba product.
                Have not been told if all the ingredients are synthetic, all natural or a blend... my guess would be all synthetic due to the characteristics listed on the first page of this thread.

As I've posted multiple times on this forum this week, many of our co-workers are working at the SEMA/NACE event and when they return next week they will be more readily available for detailed information on these new products.

We'll definitely have more information before they're even available to purchase so hang tight and we'll do our best to answer all your questions as best we can in a timely matter all things considered.

Thanks...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

this was a very helpful thread.
                  thanks everyone!

Comment

Do you have to wait for UQW to haze and dry, before you can wipe and buff? I have the NXT Tech Wax Spray, and it's a nightmare to wipe and buff after it hazed and dried. My paint had been clayed, cleaned and polished, for this application.

Comment

At first I thought, the UQW will be in the same bottle as the UQD, and also be 22oz. But, I am still looking forward on trying this out.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                        Do you have to wait for UQW to haze and dry, before you can wipe and buff? I have the NXT Tech Wax Spray, and it's a nightmare to wipe and buff after it hazed and dried. My paint had been clayed, cleaned and polished, for this application.
                        Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                        More like a Quik Detailer. Spray on, wipe until dry.

Ryan
                        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                          Our current spray waxes are very easy to wipe off if you applied a thin coat in the manner shown in the two how-to threads linked previous in this thread. If you're having trouble it can usually be traced back to technique, not the product.

As for our new UQW, you use it like you use a quick detailer, that is you mist some to a small area, spread it around with a clean microfiber polishing cloth, then turn to a dry side of the cloth and wipe the residue off and buff to a high shine.

It's a wipe on, wipe off spray wax. You don't have to let it dry to a haze before wiping it off.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is this a wax or a sealant like NXT?
                            For clarification, allow me to re-type the question and then answer it.

Does UQW use,
                            1. Synthetic protection ingredients?
                            2. Naturally protection ingredients?
                            3. A blend or combination of synthetic and natural protection ingredients?

The answer is C, new Ultimate Quik Wax uses both synthetic and natural protection ingredients.

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                              For clarification, allow me to re-type the question and then answer it.
                              Does UQW use,
                              1. Synthetic protection ingredients?
                              2. Naturally protection ingredients?
                              3. A blend or combination of synthetic and natural protection ingredients?

The answer is C, new Ultimate Quik Wax uses both synthetic and natural protection ingredients.
                              Hope this helps...
                              Thanks Mike. It does. My Christmas list is getting HUGE!
                              Heatgain (Gary)
                              The Irate Magistrate
                              Neutral & Detached

Comment

How does UQW perform in the cold?...say product kept inside at room temp and applied to a panel at 45-50F? UQD and NXT Spray Wax get streaky and unworkable, respectively near these temps. Winter is coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');