• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax

***Update***

I need to post a correction as I've made a mistake in some information I've posted about how to use our new Ultimate Quik Wax.

In my answer below to EPHIOS I stated that you use our new Ultimate Quik Wax like our quick detailers and this is incorrect. I mis-understood the the application technique in our training meeting on new products on how to correctly use our new Ultimate Quik Wax and for this I apologize.

Below is the question and my incorrect answer,

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
    Do you have to wait for UQW to haze and dry, before you can wipe and buff?
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    As for our new UQW, you use it like you use a quick detailer, that is you mist some to a small area, spread it around with a clean microfiber polishing cloth, then turn to a dry side of the cloth and wipe the residue off and buff to a high shine.

It's a wipe on, wipe off spray wax. You don't have to let it dry to a haze before wiping it off.
    The above stated technique is wrong. The correct way to use our new Ultimate Quik Wax is identical to how we recommended you use our Quik Wax and NXT Spray Wax as it is explained in both of the below how-to articles

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!
    Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

Here is the correct technique for using Ultimate Quik Wax
    (The below article can also be found in our How To Articles forum)
    <TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width=700 border=5><TBODY><TR><TD>

Apply to clean vehicle
    First you need to start with a clean car, you can either wash and dry the car or wipe the car clean using a mist and wipe product like Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Use a dampened microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad
    Next you mist Ultimate Quik Detailer onto the surface and spread the product around using a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways, or a clean wax applicator pad and here's the secret, before starting first dampen your microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad with Ultimate Quik Wax.

Apply to entire vehicle
    Start at one section of the vehicle and continue applying Ultimate Quik Wax using your dampened applicator pad or dampened microfiber polishing cloth until the entire car is covered with a thin coating of wax.

Allow the thin coating of Ultimate Quik Wax to flash dry.
    In normal temperatures and humidity, Ultimate Quik Wax will dry in under a few minutes. In most cases by the time you've applied Ultimate Quik Wax to the entire car the wax will have already dried where you started.

Follow your path of travel
    Wipe off the dried wax by starting where you first applied the product and then follow your path of travel gently and carefully wiping the dried residue off the paint. Use a separate, clean dry microfiber polishing cloth folded 4 ways to remove the dried film of wax. Using a microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways provides a thick plush wiping cloth that helps to spread the pressure of your hand out over the surface of the cloth and gives you 8 sides to wipe with.

The secret explained
    The reason a dampened cloth or applicator pad works best is because it's easier to spread out a thin liquid film if your applicator cloth is already wet or damp with the product you're trying to spread out.

If you use a dry cloth to try to spread out a thin, liquid film then at the same time you're trying to spread the product onto the surface the dry cloth is trying to remove or absorb the product off the paint.

Because a dry cloth absorbs liquids, trying to use a dry cloth to spread a liquid will in essence result in you fighting yourself in the process of trying to spread and leave a liquid on the paint.

That's the secret or the correct technique for making it easy to apply a thin coating of a spray-on wax.

Make sense?

We hope this clarifies how to properly use Ultimate Quik Wax.

G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's the secret or the correct technique for making it easy to apply a thin coating of a spray-on wax.

Again I apologize for explaining an incorrect application for this product and stating it to be a WOWO type product as this is incorrect. Somehow I misinterpreted the information shared at our new products training meeting.

The good news that using the same technique posted above and in the original how to articles for correctly applying a spray-on waxes is that applying a thin film and allowing it to dry is in keeping with the logic that you leave more product on the surface when you allow the product to dry versus immediately wiping it off as it enables the protection ingredients to properly bond or adhere to the paint for maximum protection results and ease of wipe-off.

I hope this clarifies how to properly use Ultimate Quik Wax.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

.....Make sense?.....
      Perfect sense.

Can't wait to try this stuff. Never tried spray wax before.
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

That's disappointing. Others have successfully made a WOWO spray wax...I can't understand why Megs haven't 'amped-up' the UQD into a spray wax.
        Paul Marmarinos
        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
          That's disappointing. Others have successfully made a WOWO spray wax...I can't understand why Megs haven't 'amped-up' the UQD into a spray wax.
          I agree. A spray wax that needs to haze before being removed seems behind the times.

Comment

That's why I'm surprised by this offering. All the other new products from Megs are pretty much 'best in class'. This seems dated.

I can see most foregoing UQW for UQD, which has some protection. UQD seems to me to be UQW-Lite.
            Paul Marmarinos
            "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

That's why I'm surprised by this offering. All the other new products from Megs are pretty much 'best in class'. This seems dated.

I can see most foregoing UQW for UQD, which has some protection. UQD seems to me to be UQW-Lite.
              I'm excited to try a bottle to see how much the paint is darkened by UQW. I'd love my paint a shade or two darker, so this is right up my alley. Method of application aside, I don't see Megs coming out with something that is behind the times.
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Morning,

Please do not equate hazing to waiting long periods of time before removal.

As I have said previously, the new UQW flashes very quickly. The time it requires to haze makes using the product not much more work than using a QD in my opinion. Moreover, Meguiar's chemists must have a reason for wanting this or they would not do it; Faster does not always mean better. Plus there are no issues with using it on other surfaces (Ie. does not leave residues on plastics) and can be applied at higher temperatures where many products just can not perform. Like I said, there must be a reason...

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                  As I have said previously, the new UQW flashes very quickly...

...Plus there are no issues with using it on other surfaces (Ie. does not leave residues on plastics) and can be applied at higher temperatures where many products just can not perform.
                  Admittedly, they are very good attributes.
                  Paul Marmarinos

Comment

I have discussed the recommendations with Mike Pennington and others here at Meguiar's in-depth and in a best case scenario, the protection ingredients will best adhere to the surface if the product is allowed to dry to a haze. In normal type temperatures this will happen very quickly and as quickly as present technology will allow.

It also make wipe off easier with less risk of any potential for smearing. So maximum benefits are achieved by allowing this product to dry to a haze. Because this happens very quickly its actually less of an issue than it can be made out to be.

Discussing this topic in-depth is perfectly acceptable but until you actually use the product you won't appreciate what a great new product this is. I'm fortunate to have been given a full size bottle and as previously posted, I love this product and it's a new personal favorite of mine and a product I plan on keeping in my Jimmy at all times for quickly and easily restore a show car sine to the paint.

So have some patience until this product becomes available and then satisfy your curiosity by actually giving it a try.

See sig line for more information...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So have some patience until this product becomes available and then satisfy your curiosity by actually giving it a try.
                      Okey dokey.
                      Paul Marmarinos

Comment

Has there been updates on the longevity of this new product???
                        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

i use a square microfiber applicator (the old ones that were discontinued) and when applied to the paint, it basically flashes/melts into the paint pretty quickly so there isn't a long wait time before wiping off. durability is yet to be determined, but it looks great!

Comment

I have tried this and all I can say is wow!

Comment

Does anyone know if this can be used on a wet vehicle and then wiped dry with a chamois? Like E1 WAUD or (I think) Quik Wax?
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                                Does anyone know if this can be used on a wet vehicle and then wiped dry with a chamois? Like E1 WAUD or (I think) Quik Wax?
                                No. UQW should be applied to clean, dry paint.

Mike
                                Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');