Ultimate Quik Wax - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Quik Wax

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax

Anyone that's read this forum for any length of time knows I really like Meguiar's Spray Waxes, in fact it was 2 things that led me to write two how-to articles on how to use these products. These two things are,

1) My personal preference for spray-on waxes
    2) My understanding that some people don't understand how to properly apply a spray-on wax.

Here are the two articles mentioned above which are both in our How To Articles forum,

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax! - Written on Oct 19th, 2004, 07:29 PM
    Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax - Written on Dec 21st, 2004, 03:17 PM

It was the second reason for the two above articles and that's because using a spray-on wax and getting good results, (that's 2 things by the way), is very technique oriented when the wax has to dry before you wipe it off and this meant applying a thin thin coating and that's usually where people made their mistakes. In a nutshell, most people would spray the wax onto the car and then try to spread it out and when using a dry cloth to spread the liquid wax out the dry cloth would tend to absorb the wax back off the car and this made it difficult to leave behind a uniform, thin film of wax.

With this new product, you don't have to leave behind a thin film to dry and if fact it works more like a quick detailer instead of one of our traditional spray-on waxes. In other words, like a quick detailer, you mist the wax on, spread it around and the turn you wiping cloth to a dry side and buff off the product to a hard, dry shine and move on to the next section until you gone all the way around the car.

Used correctly, this product is used on paint in EXCELLENT shape, this is not a product for paint that needs to be clayed, then have the swirls removed and then polished to a high gloss. Ultimate Wax, just like Quik Wax and NXT Spray Wax is for use on paint that is already in excellent shape to start with and thus it is a maintenance product that you can apply quickly and produce a deep, wet shine just as fast as you can apply a quick detailer and then wipe it off.

I was given a full size Lab Sample Bottle of Ultimate Quik Wax and it's almost empty from using it on my 1975 Jimmy as it works so well.

Excellent gloss, shine and slickness and it's fast because you use it like a quick detailer in that you don't have to cover the paint with a film that has to dry. This also makes it "Bubba-Proof".

If you already like spray waxes you're going to love this product. If you haven't liked spray-on waxes in the past, maybe give this product a try, it might just surprise you and become you new "Date Night" product of choice.

Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Maybe a good product for those hard to deal with Jeep hard tops. What do ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by TXShine View Post
    Maybe a good product for those hard to deal with Jeep hard tops. What do ya think?
    It will be if the Jeep Hardtop has a glossy finish to start with. If it has a matte finish then you'll have to try a test spot and watch it over time.

Because this products doesn't turn white or stain trim it just might work. Maybe your Jeep Hardtop can be our test project?

If so, let me know and I'll see if I can get you a small sample to try...

No promises as samples of new products are more valuable than gold right now and no one is giving up what they have...

Mike Phillips

Be more than happy to give it a try, send me a PM if your able to send me a sample and I'll give you the necessary info.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatgain View Post
    Mike,
    Is this a wax or a sealant like NXT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    How do you define the term wax?
    How do you define the term paint sealant?
    Mike,
    My definitions:
    Wax: contains Carnauba, possibly others waxes, No polymers.
    Sealant: Contains polymers.

Does this new spray wax contain polymers, like NXT does? (I hope it does.)

Thanks.
    Heatgain (Gary)
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    No promises as samples of new products are more valuable than gold right now and no one is giving up what they have...
    Quote Originally Posted by TXShine View Post
    Be more than happy to give it a try, send me a PM if your able to send me a sample and I'll give you the necessary info.
    Mike, I don't have a whole lot left but if you can't find any I can spare mine in the name of testing.

Or I'll even trade oz for oz of gold!
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Heatgain View Post
    Mike,
    My definitions:
    Wax: contains Carnauba, possibly others waxes, No polymers.
    Sealant: Contains polymers.
    Hmmm, by this definition which Meguiar's products qualify as waxes? M26 contains polymers, as does Gold Class and ColorX. Even Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax contains polymers. I do not know about Cleaner Wax or the professional line cleaner waxes, but I would guess that the latter are also hybrid waxes.

I suppose that M16 qualifies as a true carnauba wax--at least I haven't read that it contains polymers.

I'm sure that those in the know will enlighten us on this.

The problem with trying to define things using the term polymer is it's a catch-all term, all it means is a repeating chain of monomers.

Just so you know, Carnauba Wax is a polymer and so is human skin.

I started writing an article on defining or at least categorizing waxes and paint sealants but after all the talk is done it's still going to come down to my sig line.

A better way to break "Protection Products" into categories would be to keep it simple and place these types of products into,

All man made or synthetic ingredients
    All natural ingredients
    Blended - Both synthetic and natural ingredients
    Blended - Multiple types of synthetic ingredients
    Blended - Multiple types of natural ingredients

That should cover all the bases, the problem again will be that in some cases you won't be able to get this kind of specific information from the companies that make the products, and that pertains to all companies not just Meguiar's.

Formulas and ingredients are closely guarded secrets and I'll say it again, we understand online enthusiasts are curious... that's great, but most companies in this industry are not going to share proprietary information like this, especially on a public discussion forum.

So while we appreciate your curiosity, and I'm just as curious and they don't tell me either, the focus of this forum is always going to be to keep the focus on the performance of the products not the ingredients in the bottle or can.

Hope that helps...

Mike Phillips

Registered Member

I cant wate for the new Ultimate wax to come out . I like spray waxes anyhow and Im itchen to try this one.

Sound's like awesome stuff!! It will make waxing a lot easier, Now you wont have to find shade or wait for the sun to set!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information