• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX 2.0

ScratchX 2.0

Fine Scratch & Blemish Remover
    • The Must Have Product for Isolated Paint Problems
    • Totally Safe on All Paint Finishes
    • Restores Brilliant Clear Finish
    • Used by hand or with our DA!

Keep ScratchX 2.0 close at hand for quick removal of isolated paint problems whenever they occur. Competitive products either hide the blemish or scratch the finish. Meguiar’s exclusive micro-abrasive system enables ScratchX 2.0 to remove fine blemishes while restoring brilliant high gloss.

G10307 ScratchX 2.0
    7 fl oz Lotion
    MSRP: $ 9.49

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: ScratchX 2.0

How is this new micro abrasive system different/better from the diminishing abrasives touted in the past?

Comment

Another must have in the arsenal.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

So now that ScratchX uses the new micro-abrasive technology, is it any more aggressive than the old ScratchX formula?
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
          So now that ScratchX uses the new micro-abrasive technology, is it any more aggressive than the old ScratchX formula?
          Yes.

Maybe a better way to say it would be now ScratchX is more effective.

Anyone that's been reading this forum over the last year has read multiple times where when a member has asked for help on removing any kind of paint defect like swirls, scratches or etchings, we've recommend ScratchX or M105

The problem with M105 is that it's not easy to find for the average enthusiasts that doesn't know what a PBE store is.

Many people have asked us,

Why don't you change the ScratchX formula?

We planned to do this after the success of M105 by hand but traditionally new products or changes to existing product are unveiled during SEMA, not on the fly and a big part of the reason for this is due to the constraints of traditional retail marketing.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Will this be totally replacing 1.0?

thanks
            Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonBlack View Post
              Will this be totally replacing 1.0?

thanks
              Yes.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is ColorX going to follow suit?
                2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

Looks like the ColorX is just relabeled.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by indigo s10 View Post
                    Is ColorX going to follow suit?
                    At this time, ColorX is getting a new look but the formula is remaining the same as it's a great working product with a HUGE loyal following.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I saw ScratchX 2.0 at Walmart today. But no SwirlX or Ultimate Compound.

Last edited by sunfire; Dec 31, 2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

My WalMart was out of stock on old and new ScratchX. Lame!

Comment

My Advance Auto parts and Walmart has it. I was able to purchase 2 tubes , i am not sure what i will do with the half a tube of the original
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I was in Walmart today and I saw ScratchX 2.0 on the shelf and I couldnt resist although I have 2 tubes of ScratchX 1.0 already. I had to get it so I could try it out.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Gil, I am a member of Rickresource, Rickenbacker Guitars community.

I thought you might want to know that the new Scratch-X is damaging clearcoats of musical instruments (such as Rickenbacker Guitars & Basses).
                              Our entire community (and basically - all Rickenbacker owners and many other people who play different instruments) used to use Scratch-X and when I asked about Scratch-X 2, Paul W., who is a master luthier and expert on Rickenbacker finish (Conversion Varnish + Clearcoat) replied with:

"...Don't use Scratch-X 2.0 on Rick clearcoats. I picked some up last weekend to try, and after reading your post, got it out and tried it on a JG original RIC finish. It is MUCH more aggressive than the original, and you will notice hazing. The abrasives in the blend are reportedly different from the original. The original was merely kaolin, ground micro-fine. There is no MSDS available yet for Scratch-X 2.0..."

In other words, I am not sure if it will have any effect on your decision - but there are many people who used Scratch-X on their musical instrument and will NOT be able to use Scratch-X 2.

We would be VERY happy if you could continue manufacturing the original formula as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');