• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Compound

Originally posted by LarryT63 View Post
    Mike is this the product you told me to wait for for my 2005 NightHawk Black Pearl Honda Element that I brought to Open Garage Night about a month ago?

thanks,

Larry

Remind me... what were the paint defects you were wanting to remove? Chances are good all 3 of the products in our Consumer Line will tackle whatever it is you're wanting to work on.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well, it's a Daily Driver, we worked on the rear panel of it, using M80 and the DA, then we waxed it... It has scratches, the paint is hazed a bit, you told me to "make it look decent and then live with it" and "make sure to keep it up"

The section we worked on was where I removed the Honda Emblem on the rear pnael. It also has a lot of scratches and swirls all over it.

You told me to work on a panel at a time with the M105, but also advised me to wait until Nov. because a product was coming out that would REALLY help me!

I'd post a pic to remind you, but I guess I don't have that privilege.

thanks,

Larry

Comment

I will ask this question now, though I do not expect an immediate answer. I imagine that an adequate answer will require time for the MOL community to actually work with the new micro-abrasive polishes and learn how to use them well.

But here is my question: How does one properly use Ultimate Compound (or SwirlX, etc.)? When working with the diminishing abrasive products we are taught that one must work the product until it breaks down. This typically means working a small section for a couple of minutes. But I gather this does not apply with the new products. Should one make a few passes, stop, wipe off, and inspect? What is best?

I hope that someone will write a detailed instruction article, particularly for us newbs, on how to use Ultimate Compound and the other new polishes. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not anticipate doing any paint correction on my cars until the spring, so I do no need guidance for a couple of months; but I will need it eventually.

Cheers,
        Al
        Last edited by akimel; Nov 4, 2008, 05:01 PM.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
          Another awesome product....the cut of this with a DA is unbeatable.

Ryan
          So this is a DA friendly product????

Andy
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
            So this is a DA friendly product????

Andy
            Yep...first post of this thread with the bullets state

"Used by hand or with our DA!"

Ryan
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Ultimate Compound
              • Obsoletes traditional rubbing & polishing compounds
              I have to confess that I never knew that obsolete could be used as a verb. After I read the official announcement I had to run to the dictionary. I thought the advertising people might be guilty of language abuse; but I was wrong. Obsolete can be used as a verb. Who would've thunk it.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Good catch, good eye...

Would have probably read better to have used a few more words for the forum but on label copy and marketing materials, because real-estate is limited and people are scanners, you need to write short crisp copy.

How's this,

Makes traditional rubbing & polishing compounds obsolete

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is there going to be a pro version availabe in larger sizes? I still do some DA work on cars that are either in decent condition but have hard paint (Mercedes with CeramiClear for example) but the owner only wants one polishing step. Sounds like this product will be perfect for that but buying by the gallon is more economical for me.
                  Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Mike did my last post refresh your memory? Also, did a member of the Elements Owner Club contact you?

thanks,

Larry

Comment

Wow, this one looks VERY promising! *rubs hands together*
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

This look like target for consumer range and semi pro that going into Mirror Glaze series...

SO it can't be use with RB ? Since only indicated for Hand and DA ?

Comment

The picture on the Bottle Looks Familiar...

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                            The picture on the Bottle Looks Familiar...

Was this product used on the MB restore? I noticed a black BMW on one of the new labels as well. I didn't know these products were used on the makeovers?
                            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                              Was this product used on the MB restore? I noticed a black BMW on one of the new labels as well. I didn't know these products were used on the makeovers?
                              No, I think the photos are just a representation of what the new products can do.
                              Brian

Comment

Well, it's a Daily Driver, we worked on the rear panel of it, using M80 and the DA, then we waxed it... It has scratches, the paint is hazed a bit, you told me to "make it look decent and then live with it" and "make sure to keep it up"
                                Now I remember, it was completely thrashed. Yes, this would be the right product for you and worth the wait. Remind me, how did the paint get so thrashed?

I'd post a pic to remind you, but I guess I don't have that privilege.

thanks,

Larry
                                You have to upload the picture into the gallery, simply "Attaching" a photo to your post is the lazy man's way and it corrupts the database over time so we don't allow it.

Mike did my last post refresh your memory? Also, did a member of the Elements Owner Club contact you?
                                Yes he did and I explained to him that we will no longer be scheduling dedicated Saturdays for car clubs, all future Saturday classes will be "Open Classes" and if a club wants to attend then all they have to do is get all their members to get registered and reply to the appropriate sign-up thread before it fills up with other people. Simple really.

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                                No, I think the photos are just a representation of what the new products can do.
                                That is correct.

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');