• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Compound

This looks like a great product! I will certainly add this to my wish list.
    It fills a gap in the Consumer Line that up till now, required a product that was difficult to obtain locally and reliably.

Is it possible to let us know which Retailers commit to these new products?
    Rob A.
    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
      Is it possible to let us know which Retailers commit to these new products?
      Just a general statement that it's been picked up by most if not all our normal retail partners.

More info on this as we get into 2009

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Now I remember, it was completely thrashed. Yes, this would be the right product for you and worth the wait. Remind me, how did the paint get so thrashed?

Actually I bought it this way, from a small dealership in Upland... so... now I want to make it look better "completely thrashed?" OUCH!

Some one at a club meet suggested I just have it color sanded and have it shot with a new coat of clear....

thanks Mike!

Larry

P.S. I Posted a pic of it to my gallery I think this is the link for it

Comment

Originally posted by LarryT63 View Post

Some one at a club meet suggested I just have it color sanded and have it shot with a new coat of clear....
          Not that simple, you can either fix the paint or pay for a new complete paint job.

P.S. I Posted a pic of it to my gallery I think this is the link for it

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/pho...=16420&cat=500
          This will help you learn how to post pictures on this forum and practically all forums...

How to place an image in your messages

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

thanks, so here it is!

Comment

thanks, so here it is!

I'll help you get the bigger version.
              Scott

Comment

Nice shot but it due to the shade and position you were in it doesn't show how bad the paint really is, you need to be on the sun side. There's a thread about this here.

How to capture pictures of swirls in your car's paint
                (We have a thread for just about everything)

Also, you were close, you right clicked on the thumbnail, next time left click on the thumbnail and this will bring up the full size image, now right click on this full size picture and copy and paste this URL Address.

You'll get the hang of it...

Now back on topic to questions about our new Ultimate Compound!

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Well thanks again! I'll go for other pics of it later, but I'd rather wait until after I work on it with the Ultimate Compound...

He says coy-fully trying to get back on subject and embarrassed by his completely thrashed paint job!

Comment

SWEET!!! a powerful compound that is easily accessible as with any other consumer line product!! wow.... time to buy some

Comment

Would this have to be followed by a less aggressive product before LSP?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonballz View Post
                        Would this have to be followed by a less aggressive product before LSP?
                        Depends on the paint and even application material and things like force or gentleness.

I've seen it applied and leave a LSP ready finish and I've seen it applied and afterwards an application of SwirlX was necessary to finish out LSP ready.

Do a test spot to a small area with the products and process you're planning on doing to the entire car and make sure you are getting the results you're expecting if not you can then modify your product and process until you're getting the results you're looking for.

Paint systems are different and it's possible what worked great on one car may not work great on a different car, that's where you have to rely on your head knowledge to adjust to the circumstances.

This is also why on this forum we put so much focus on teaching people to do a Test Spot before going over the entire car, it removes the risk of wasting your time over the entire car with a result you don't want and insures success by dialing in your process beforehand to a small area that you can then duplicate or cookie-cutter over the entire finish.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Very good, and very true advice by Mike right there.

I know how everyone wants the universal answer (I do too!) but I have found what Mike teaches about test spots and every paint being different to be very true. Many times for example I can use M105 and only need 1 more polishing step before LSP- sometimes it goes straight to LSP, and occasionally needs 2 steps. It all depends on the job at hand...

Comment

I'm interested in this product as I do the majority of my polishing with a DA and only on my personal cars which are both in great shape. One is a newer model Corvette with rock hard clearcoat.

So the question is..... SwirlX or Ultimate Compound. Theoretically, my car doesn't NEED compounding, as the paint has great gloss the way it is. The toweling marks are hard to get out with a DA and foam pad as the clear is so hard. So I will need to decide whether to get this, SwirlX, or both.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSunshine View Post

So the question is..... SwirlX or Ultimate Compound.

Theoretically, my car doesn't NEED compounding, as the paint has great gloss the way it is. The toweling marks are hard to get out with a DA and foam pad as the clear is so hard. So I will need to decide whether to get this, SwirlX, or both.....
                              You always want to use the least aggressive product to get the job done and in some cases you may have to purchase a couple different products so you'll have a couple different products to try...

Check out the thread below, here's the first portion...

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Since we introduced these 3 new swirl and scratch removers in our Consumer Line and our new M205 Ultra Finishing Polish in our Professional line, many people have asked how aggressive these new products are as compared to some of our existing products that our forum members are already familiar with to help them understand the cleaning and/or abrading ability of these new products I've listed them in order of most aggressive to least aggressive reading from left to right.

(Apologies ahead of time if you have to horizontal scroll)

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Wow, had no idea the new big 3 consumer line products are more aggressive than #83. Thanks Mike!
                                '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
                                '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');