• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Compound

Originally posted by PERFECTION View Post
    Can I use this stuff with a high speed polisher.
    Didn't we meet in Florida?

I've read your posts on ShowCarDetailing, if you're wanting a product for use with a rotary buffer then check our M105 and M205, both of these products can be used by hand, DA Polisher and Rotary Buffer.

The swirl and scratch removers in our Consumer Line are not formulated for use with a rotary buffer where more heat tends to be generated and are more specifically formulated for use by hand or DA Polishers.

Both systems work great when used correctly.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by MandarinaRacing View Post
      One quick question regarding this product...the sample I have is very runny (liquid) ...is not separated or anything but it's consistency is not as thick as other compounds. Any thoughts?

Alex
      It should be more lotion like, than water like, which of these two choices best describes your product?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Envious View Post
        I will pick up some Ultimate Compound asap and apply it the next nice day we have.
        We need a follow-up?

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          It should be more lotion like, than water like, which of these two choices best describes your product?

Lotion consistency would best describe it. I was probably expecting something with more viscosity like other compounds.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Alex
          Mandarina Racing

Comment

Originally posted by MandarinaRacing View Post
            Lotion consistency would best describe it.
            Probably perfectly fine to use then.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Thus the name of the above linked to thread...

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Ultimate compound on the DA! I'm excited! For a while I was always unimpressed with #83 results on the DA (expecting rotary + #83 results) but now I may be able to extend the life of my G100 .

Once I find a source in CAN I shall purchase!
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
              2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

I have been reading in here for two days now, not 48 straight-OK.

Anyway I have a freshly painted car, and I have holograms. I don't have scratches or issues like that just swirl and holograms, and mostly on the hood. The car is bright red and these holograms are making me nutz.

I think I should be using Swirl X rather than Ultimate Compound to correct this. I don't have a DA buffer, but may have to get one of those also.

It is still too early to wax the car after I remove the holograms, hopefully I can, since the paint is only about one month old.

It is BC CC btw.
                sparx

Comment

I don't know this for sure...but I'm assuming that UC and SwirlX both have some sort of chemical that will restrict the paint from gassing out (if only because they are part of the consumer line, Mike?).

When in doubt, professional line it up! M105 seems to be insanely versatile and more so than I originally read a while ago. Personally, I may go with M105 because it is body shop safe and because it is usable with the DA. (also more cutting power than M83 which is quite impressive for something on a DA!).
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                  2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Ultimate Compound is incredible. I used it on my '91 Toyota 4x4 which has red single stage paint. The truck was faded to pink, in some places almost white. I did a quarter panel first just to test it out, and couldn't believe the results. It brought it back to a bright red color. I ended up doing the whole truck, one small section at a time, by hand. I did half the truck one day and the other half a week later. It looked kind of funny with it half done, but it's just my old work truck. The truck has some rust, but I'm no longer ashamed to have it sitting in my drive way.

I topped it off with some Klasse All in One since I had a bottle of that sitting around and it protects the finish somewhat. But I never dreamed my truck could look bright red again. I thought paint just "faded", now I realize it's oxidation. I also detailed my mother's car as sort of a Mother's Day gift using Color X and the results were nice on it too. I wanted to use Ultimate Compound on it, but since it's an '05 and in good shape I didn't know if UC was too strong for it.

So my question: my wife and I are looking to get her a used vehicle since she drives a lot for work. Probably an '04 or newer. Everything I see on used car lots has swirls. Would Ultimate Compound be your choice with something a few years old?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by sparx View Post
                      Anyway I have a freshly painted car, and I have holograms. I don't have scratches or issues like that just swirl and holograms, and mostly on the hood. The car is bright red and these holograms are making me nutz.
                      Holograms, are scratches. They are scratches instilled in a pattern after using a rotary buffer and usually some kind of cutting pad and abrasive product.

I think I should be using Swirl X rather than Ultimate Compound to correct this. I don't have a DA buffer, but may have to get one of those also.
                      Ultimate Compound would be a better choice as it's more aggressive and will work faster to remove enough of your brand new paint to level the surface and thus remove the swirls. It's too bad the body shop doesn't know or care to do quality work the first time and now you have to go back and remove some of the precious paint you just paid to have sprayed onto the car.

See this thread in our Hot Topics forum,

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

It is still too early to wax the car after I remove the holograms, hopefully I can, since the paint is only about one month old.

It is BC CC btw.
                      sparx
                      You can safely wax your car after about 30 days.

Originally posted by pcfxer View Post
                      I don't know this for sure...but I'm assuming that UC and SwirlX both have some sort of chemical that will restrict the paint from gassing out (if only because they are part of the consumer line, Mike?).
                      Just to set the recored straight,

Ultimate Compound is Body Shop Safe
                      ScratchX 2.0 is Body Shop Safe
                      SwirlX is not Body Shop Safe

So another way of saying that is UC and ScratchX 2.0 are both safe for use on fresh paint before 30 days are up and under normal conditions, you wouldn't use SwirlX on the paint until after at least 30 days have passed.

Originally posted by pcfxer View Post
                      When in doubt, professional line it up! M105 seems to be insanely versatile and more so than I originally read a while ago. Personally, I may go with M105 because it is body shop safe and because it is usable with the DA. (also more cutting power than M83 which is quite impressive for something on a DA!).
                      M105 is a very versatile products.

Originally posted by chtorr View Post
                      Ultimate Compound is incredible. I used it on my '91 Toyota 4x4 which has red single stage paint. The truck was faded to pink, in some places almost white.
                      Next time you work on the paint, after any cleaning steps apply and really work in one of our pure polishes before applying any car wax or paint sealant as it will gorge the single stage paint with polishing oils which will make it look even better than what you achieved with just compound and Klasse AIO

I also detailed my mother's car as sort of a Mother's Day gift using Color X and the results were nice on it too. I wanted to use Ultimate Compound on it, but since it's an '05 and in good shape I didn't know if UC was too strong for it.
                      Besides the product itself, how YOU work it is just as important. For light cleaning, work the product lightly, for heavy cleaning, work the product aggressively.

So my question: my wife and I are looking to get her a used vehicle since she drives a lot for work. Probably an '04 or newer. Everything I see on used car lots has swirls. Would Ultimate Compound be your choice with something a few years old?

Chris
                      UC would be a great choice for removing swirls out of any clear coat by hand or machine.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I just got done using this product. It made the paint even brighter looking. But iI think I might have to do it again. Because some of the oxidation didn't come out.

Comment

Well, not sure if Mike will follow-up to this thread, but has anyone used this product with a G100 yet?

I am seriously considering buying a bottle of this as a replacement to DACP. I have to detail an older, black, Eddie Bauer in the near future and the finish has some serious oxidation on it.

In fact, here is a hood shot from the same vehicle I did 2005...

r. b.

Comment

I have used Ultimate Compound on my G110 and it worked great.
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Many people have used it with a DA polisher with great results- myself included.

I even put my G110 with a yellow 7 inch polishing pad in the hands of a friend with no experience and he was astounded how easily he was able to remove heavy swirls and restore the finish on an Infinity I was working on. He was so happy with it he bought my old G100 and some Ultimate Compound the next day

Comment

Thanks to both of you.

He was so happy with it he bought my old G100 and some Ultimate Compound the next day
                                So you really like the G110?

I'll have look into getting one of these machines as soon as the economy picks up.
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');