• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwirlX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwirlX

SwirlX
    • Effortlessly removes swirl marks while improving color and clarity
    • The easy-to-use solution for the #1 paint problem
    • Used by hand or with our DA!

Car Guys are constantly asking how to best remove swirl marks, cobweb-effect, and holograms to restore crystal clear reflections and a show car perfect shine. The answer is clear! SwirlX® draws from Meguiar's professional body shop & detailing products expertise to deliver real results quickly, with minimum effort. This non-abrasive formula gently smooths away micro-fine swirl marks on all paint finishes.

G17616 SWIRLX
    450ml Liquid (15.2 oz)
    MSRP: $8.99

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: SwirlX

Note: This is the actual item sent out as Lab Sample 21-13B in this thread.

21-13B - New Product?

Thank you to all our Testers for their time and enthusiasm testing this new product and sharing your results with our community.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is this a totally new creation or a consumer version of M105 with less agressiveness?

Comment

Originally posted by sdprius858 View Post
        Is this a totally new creation or a consumer version of M105 with less agressiveness?
        *Totally unofficial response*, but considering it DOES NOT list rotary as an option with it I would say it is quite different in its formulation. Likely similar in abrasives, but not the rest of the formula.

Obviously, this is a total guess and not based on any "insider" knowledge...as I have none!

Comment

Is this a totally new creation or a consumer version of M105 with less aggressiveness?
          All three of these new swirl and scratch removers use our new super micro abrasive technology and are unique formulas. So there are similarities but they are not identical Pro formulas in Consumer bottles.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's probably going to be more like
            M205.

Maybe the new Ultimate Compound will be more like the new M105 (DA version.) Either way these products should put the rest of the consumer products out there to shame.
            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
              I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's probably going to be more like
              M205.

Maybe the new Ultimate Compound will be more like the new M105 (DA version.) Either way these products should put the rest of the consumer products out there to shame.
              that's what I was thinking.
              1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
              1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
              1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Hope not to sound daft: but it this a similar product to ScratchX?

Comment

Originally posted by JTOWN View Post
                  Hope not to sound daft: but it this a similar product to ScratchX?
                  3 different levels of aggressiveness... from least to most aggressive...

SwirlX
                  ScratchX
                  Ultimate Compound

All are for use by hand or DA Polisher. If you want a swirl and scratch remover for use with a rotary buffer then switch to our Professional Line.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    3 different levels of aggressiveness... from least to most aggressive...

SwirlX
                    ScratchX
                    Ultimate Compound
                    Where does ColorX fit into this line? Before SwirlX?

Comment

My thoughts would be that it is a natural replacement/evolution of DC1, which didn't get a packaging makeover like DC2 and DC3.

Comment

Originally posted by bluey View Post
                        Where does ColorX fit into this line? Before SwirlX?
                        First ColorX is a cleaner/wax and the other three products being discussed here are all dedicated swirl and scratch removers.

Second, ColorX uses diminishing abrasives and all three of these new products use our new super micro abrasive technology. It's going to be hard for anyone that has not used M105 by hand as compared to ScratchX to understand what a huge leap this is in technology.

Is your question how aggressive or non-aggressive is ColorX compared to these three new products or just SwirlX?

Probably somewhere between ScratchX 2.0 and SwirlX

Besides that, a person would use ColorX if they only want to do one step and leave wax protection behind, if that doesn't describe you then you must be planning on doing a multiple step process and if that's the case then you would pick a dedicated defect remover and afterwards polish and wax or just wax.

Just depends upon,

What you're working on?
                        What you're trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

My wish list is growing. From what the testers stated, This is a great product.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

How does this compare to M80 Speed Glaze or M83 DACP in terms of aggressiveness? (Same question for Ultimate Compound.)

Comment

Nice product, and a very nice label, I see the BMW that was worked in the Meguiar's Garage on the label

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');