• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwirlX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SwirlX

Great product here folks..gotta try it out!!

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Another great idea.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Does this product have polishing oils, or does it need to be followed up with a polish like M81?

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzguy View Post
          How does this compare to M80 Speed Glaze or M83 DACP in terms of aggressiveness? (Same question for Ultimate Compound.)

that's what i want to know also, the swirl x seems to be like a consumer version of m80 but less agressive? maybe like m09/m82??

Comment

everyone is just trying to compare this new consumer line product with mirror glaze professional product.

I will still support Mirror glaze series...

I believe this new consumer line is targer for DA and hand user.

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr310 View Post
              that's what i want to know also, the swirl x seems to be like a consumer version of m80 but less agressive? maybe like m09/m82??
              Think I posted that somewhere already, can someone find it, quote it and post it here?

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                SwirlX
                • Effortlessly removes swirl marks while improving color and clarity
                • The easy-to-use solution for the #1 paint problem
                • Used by hand or with our DA!

Car Guys are constantly asking how to best remove swirl marks, cobweb-effect, and holograms to restore crystal clear reflections and a show car perfect shine. The answer is clear! SwirlX® draws from Meguiar's professional body shop & detailing products expertise to deliver real results quickly, with minimum effort. This non-abrasive formula gently smooths away micro-fine swirl marks on all paint finishes.

G17616 SWIRLX
                450ml Liquid (15.2 oz)
                MSRP: $8.99

I think I need to buy that product JUST for the picture of the car on it! BMW e34 love!

Comment

Think I posted that somewhere already, can someone find it, quote it and post it here?

Super Searcher to the rescue!!!

Post #1

All three of these new swirl and scratch removers use our new super micro abrasive technology and are unique formulas. So there are similarities but they are not identical Pro formulas in Consumer bottles.

Post #2

3 different levels of aggressiveness... from least to most aggressive...

SwirlX
                  ScratchX
                  Ultimate Compound

All are for use by hand or DA Polisher. If you want a swirl and scratch remover for use with a rotary buffer then switch to our Professional Line.

Ryan
                  Last edited by Ryan L.; Nov 4, 2008, 10:26 AM.
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Since SwirlX is less aggressive than ScratchX, is the original ScratchX more effective at removing swirls?

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzguy View Post
                      How does this compare to M80 Speed Glaze or M83 DACP in terms of aggressiveness? (Same question for Ultimate Compound.)
                      I answered a similar question in this thread about M205 here,

And while the question addressed in the above thread was about M205 my answer embodies the same idea... here you go...

Question:

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                      I was going to ask, if you had to compare this product with a product in the 80 series, which one does it come closest too?

Thanks,

Tom
                      Answer:

Depends upon how you work it, length of time, type of pad, pressure, speed, etc.

If you use it aggressively then it can be as effective as M80, if you use it lightly or gently, it can be as effective as M09

Again, as we introduce our new technology in different formulas our users will have to learn a different way of thinking and using these products as compared to what they're used to when using products that use diminishing abrasives. The technology is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again, if you were to read through my posts of the last years I've touched on this subject when talking about using M105 by hand in that even though the aggressive scale for M105 goes to 12, you can still apply it gently and for only a short time and it can be completely gentle and non-aggressive to the paint.

YOU control some aspects of any cleaning or abrading process. Isn't that a good think? YOU have more control?
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by i pamper my corolla View Post
                        Since SwirlX is less aggressive than ScratchX, is the original ScratchX more effective at removing swirls?
                        Yes. (Think I posted this already somewhere too...)

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

So, SwirlX is a paint cleaner? Is it more aggressive than DC Paint Cleaner?

Comment

It's not a paint cleaner. ColorX is.

SwirlX is a less aggressive version of ScratchX.
                            Matt

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                              yes. lot's of confusion here... scratch x is a paint cleaner.. a tad bit aggressive than dc1. color x is a cleaner/wax...

To my knowledge, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is our lightest paint cleaner. A tick less aggressive than ScratchX.
                              Last edited by gsxr310; Nov 4, 2008, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                                Yes, SwirlX would be a paint cleaner, that is a product used to remove defects out of paint.

Everyone reading this please note that we're talking about moving to a new type of abrasive and it works differently than what we've been using for over a hundred years and this is a big shift in what you're used to using and what you're used to thinking about products.

Please don't think of how aggressive a product is come down to only the product itself.

If you apply a product aggressively you can make it more aggressive, if you apply the same product gently it can make the product gentle.

SwirlX is less aggressive than ScratchX. I'll post a picture that will drive this point home today.

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');