• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwirlX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SwirlX

Originally posted by g88 View Post
    everyone is just trying to compare this new consumer line product with mirror glaze professional product.

I will still support Mirror glaze series...

I believe this new consumer line is targer for DA and hand user.
    The hand user just like me. I'm sure you all have heard me say I love the joy of doing my car by hand. It relaxes me. Now I have a swirl remover.
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

This product seems awesome. It is like ScratchX minus the abrasives. This seems better on the "by hand" detailers.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Mike, don't know if you have answered this yet or not. But since you said earlier in this thread that the original ScratchX is more effective at removing swirls that SwirlX, will the orinal ScratchX be discontinued with the arrival of ScratchX 2.0?
        '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
        '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          SwirlX
          ......This non-abrasive formula gently smooths away micro-fine swirl marks on all paint finishes.
          G17616 SWIRLX
          450ml Liquid (15.2 oz)
          MSRP: $8.99
          All three of these new swirl and scratch removers use our new super micro abrasive technology and are unique formulas.
          I'm lost now. The first post says non-abrasive and the 2nd post says uses micro abrasive technology.
          Which is which?
          Heatgain (Gary)
          The Irate Magistrate
          Neutral & Detached

Comment

Originally posted by Heatgain View Post
            I'm lost now. The first post says non-abrasive and the 2nd post says uses micro abrasive technology.
            Which is which?
            Another meaning for the term non-abrasive means it won't instill scratches, that is it's not scratchy. It can remove scratches without leaving behind it's own scratches in its place, thus it's non-abrasive. (It's also a science and an art forum)

Most traditional rubbing and polishing compounds are gritty and scratchy. You can find posts on this forum showing pictures of the paint after people have used product like this and the paint tends to look scoured. These types of products are abrasive.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

good, this is regular bottle not like scrachX's, easy to use

Comment

Everyone reading this please note that we're talking about moving to a new type of abrasive and it works differently than what we've been using for over a hundred years and this is a big shift in what you're used to using and what you're used to thinking about products.
                Do we use it the same way as what we're used to? Passion behind the pad etc?
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                  Do we use it the same way as what we're used to? Passion behind the pad etc?
                  Yes and no.

Yes you still need to work the product against the surface to engage the abrasives with the paint which is how it will remove small particles of paint.

No in that because it's dramatically more effective at abrading paint you won't have to use as much passion behind the pad and definitely a lot less applications.

It's a win/win solution all the way around. Have patience till you get chance to use this new version, it will blow you away.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Nice answer Mike, thanks.

...I can't wait...
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

would u apply swirlx in a circular motion, up or down, or side by side motion?

Comment

Originally posted by foose07 View Post
                        Whatever works best for the panel you are on.

You certainly want to try and spread the product around, and work in from a few directions, so something more or less circular tends to be good when possible.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by foose07 View Post
                          Here's a thread in our Hot Topics forum that addresses your question...

Circles or Straight Lines?

At this time there are 4 pages, with 30 threads to a page in the Hot Topics forum, lot's of common questions are answered in that forum and lots of common or popular topics among detailing enthusiasts are covered in that forum.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Mike, is this the product you used on my car? If so...I NEED TO GO BUY A BOTTLE! AMAZING STUFF!

Comment

Originally posted by CreamPuff View Post
                              Hey Mike, is this the product you used on my car? If so...I NEED TO GO BUY A BOTTLE! AMAZING STUFF!
                              Yes, this is what we used on your car on the second page of this thread,

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

will it removes swirls better than 151? i understand 151 is an aio, but if it is better at removing swirls and since NXT 2.0 goes on and off so easy, the 2 steps are not a problem
                                Darren F

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');