• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwirlX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SwirlX

Originally posted by Darren F View Post
    will it removes swirls better than 151? i understand 151 is an aio, but if it is better at removing swirls and since NXT 2.0 goes on and off so easy, the 2 steps are not a problem
    Don't want to get nit picky but what any swirl remover will do depends upon many factors.

I've had people ask me if M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 will remove swirls out of an aluminum-tanker truck that was buffed with a wool pad, 3M Heavy Duty Compound on a rotary buffer. One of these types of aluminum tanks...

My answer was "No" and he said, "Why not? The bottle says "Swirl Remover?"

Meguiar's makes great products but the person using them still has to have enough experience and common sense to choose the right product for the job. Whether any swirl mark remover will work depends upon how deep the swirls are that you're trying to remove and of course in the example above, the material you're trying to remove the swirls out of.

SwirlX may work better for removing swirls as compared to D151 as that's its' sole purpose whereas D151 is a cleaner/wax or AIO or All-in-One type product which means while it's removing swirls it's also polishing and protecting, that's 3 things.

Best thing to do would be to do a Test Spot and check your results and then go from there.

What are you working on Darren F?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

EDIT: nevermind

Ryan
      Last edited by Ryan L.; Nov 16, 2008, 10:27 AM.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I need this for my black A4..... sounds like an awesome product!

Comment

So is Swirl X more agressive than Color X? I have a Back Lexus with some minor swirls..I already have Color X and love it...Do I need to buy Swirl X to take care of the minor swirls I have or just use the Color X ?
          Darren F

Comment

It sounds like you have already used ColorX on the car. If it's not removing the swirls then try stepping up to SwirlX or maybe ScratchX 2.0. If ColorX is removing the swirls but they are re-appearing then take a look into your wash/dry routine as that is probably where they are coming from.
            Jason

Comment

Actually havent used the color x on my car basically use it on my wifes truck since she loves to take her truck to the local tunnel wash..So I use it on my wifes truck whenever I get a chance to keep it looking good
              Darren F

Comment

I'm relatively new to the detailing process and while I have been reading through this thread (and others), I'm still trying to figure where in the process SwirlX comes in. I am having my dark blue 2008 Accord professionally polished in a couple of days to remove swipe and swirl marks resulting from an unwelcomed dry chamois rub-down applied by a body shop worker (that's another story). My detailer uses all Meguiar's products, but he has not heard of Swirlx. Mike mentioned that it is a paint cleaner so I imagine it would be applied following the car being clayed? Sorry for the noob question, but I'm trying to maximize the results from a badly needed professional polishing.

Comment

Ultra Compound and SwirlX are the consumer version of the M105 / M205 Tag team from the professional line.

M105 and M205 can be used by Hand, Orbital, DA, or Rotary.

UC and SwirlX can be used by Hand or DA Polisher.

Mike
                  Last edited by Mikejl; Jan 17, 2009, 03:12 PM.
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                    Ultra Compound and SwirlX are the consumer version of the M105 / M205 Tag team from the professional line.

M105 and M205 can be used by Hand, Orbital, DA, or Rotary.

UC and SwirlX can be used by Hand or DA Polisher.

Mike
                    Well.....not exactly, and we want to be careful how that is conveyed.

My understanding is that each product is truly unique in that Meguiar's does not simply take one product from one line, place it in a different package/bottle, and then sell it as something different.

That said, you might be on to something in regards to those products having relatively similar uses, and even similar technology being used but they do differ in formulation and application method options.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                      Well.....not exactly, and we want to be careful how that is conveyed.

My understanding is that each product is truly unique in that Meguiar's does not simply take one product from one line, place it in a different package/bottle, and then sell it as something different.

That said, you might be on to something in regards to those products having relatively similar uses, and even similar technology being used but they do differ in formulation and application method options.
                      My apologies. I thought about adding that they are different formulas, but I thought that noting the different application methods would imply that. Sorry for that, I'll be more careful in the future.

Mike

George Carlin

Comment

Does Swirl-x Work ??????

Comment

Originally posted by funeralman24 View Post
                          Does Swirl-x Work ??????
                          Yes. It works great. I've seen it work at the Meguiar's Open Garages applied by hand and on my black TCH in my own garage applied by DA. It removed light swirls and left a nice glossy finish. I have limited skill with a DA, but I was able to get a better finish with SwirlX than I was with M80. YMMV

Quoted from Meguiarsdirect.com
                          "... SwirlX can be applied by hand or with our DA Polisher, and is a non-abrasive formula that gently smoothes away micro-fine swirl marks so you can have a flawless finish on all paints."

Mike

George Carlin

Comment

which is more agressive on swirls, ColorX or SwirlX?
                            Darren F

Comment

Originally posted by Darren F View Post
                              which is more agressive on swirls, ColorX or SwirlX?
                              SwirlX

Mike

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                                My detailer uses all Meguiar's products, but he has not heard of SwirlX.
                                He needs someone to show him this forum here in the Cyber-World so he can learn about new products as well as a host of other things before the it makes its way out into the Real-World.

Hmmm.... who could show him the forum.... hmmm....

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                                Mike mentioned that it is a paint cleaner so I imagine it would be applied following the car being clayed? Sorry for the noob question, but I'm trying to maximize the results from a badly needed professional polishing.
                                Not sure which Mike you're referring to but just to set the record straight, SwirlX is a cleaner/polish.

You would use SwirlX as a swirl remover by hand or machine after washing and claying. Using the least aggressive product approach, you would try SwirlX first and if it wasn't getting the job done fast enough or effectively enough then you could try ScratchX 2.0 and after that Ultimate Compound.

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Since we introduced these 3 new swirl and scratch removers in our Consumer Line and our new M205 Ultra Finishing Polish in our Professional line, many people have asked how aggressive these new products are as compared to some of our existing products that our forum members are already familiar with to help them understand the cleaning and/or abrading ability of these new products I've listed them in order of most aggressive to least aggressive reading from left to right.

(Apologies ahead of time if you have to horizontal scroll)

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

That would be from most to least aggressive,
                                • Ultimate Compound
                                • ScratchX 2.0
                                • SwirlX
                                • M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish
                                • M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
                                • ScratchX (Current Version being discontinued)
                                Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');