• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
    #21 is the wax/sealant that was used at the end.

What condition are your vehicles in?

You may find it best to start a thread and post some pics of your vehicles, and maybe closer view of the surface, and get some other opinions then.

Not that the idea is bad or anything.

And depends what you mean by pre-clean. You would want to wash, then possibly use a TRIX type product, then clay, then #105/#205/wax... but that is just the general idea.
    It's apparent my answer didn't go through. ~ The RAM diesel is a dark silver with metal flake. The Mercedes is completely black. Truck's paint is perfect. Took Mercedes to have it's first service. I thoroughly detailed it ~ mirror shine ~ and told them to leave their hands off the paint. They washed it anyway which caused swirls on the entire hood and top of the trunk. Other than that, the paint if fine. Having switched from Adam's wax over to here because all the extensive research I've done has led me to believe my initial investment of $5,000 with Adam's should have been spent on Meguiar's. Problem I am now having is trying to decide if the M105 & M205 are the two basic polishes I should put on first. Then after wiping them down, and again, not knowing that much about Mequiar's, having problems trying to figure out what of their products I should apply next. That then brings me to #21 product. Based on the absolute super shine you got on your ride, "that" is what I am looking for, for the Mercedes. I know I won't get a shine like that with the dark silver diesel truck. With the guy who recommended M105/205, that's pretty much where he left it.

I go overboard when it comes to first doing a prep on my vehicles ~ foam, 2 bucket wash, rinse, and then foam again. I'm not one that uses just a little piece of clay. I'll start with a brand new bar and if that's what it takes to get any of my vehicles clean then so be it.

So to sum up this "rambling" on, I just need to know what I need to know in order to get started with the basic product/s to get rid of the swirl marks and then go for the shine.

Many tks and sorry if I have bothered you.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');