• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

In the beginning of this thread, it says:

"Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints"

Does this mean that M205 can be used instead of SwirlX, with the added bonus of being a polish as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Am GT View Post
      In the beginning of this thread, it says:

"Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints"

Does this mean that M205 can be used instead of SwirlX, with the added bonus of being a polish as well?
      M205 is not as aggressive as SwirlX in terms of its swirl removing abilities. Could you use M205 to polish out swirls rather than SwirlX on some paints? Absolutely, I did on my own car. But generally speaking M205 is going to work best as a follow-up step to use from something with more bite unless the defects/swirls are incredibly light and/or are in soft paint.

Mark

Comment

Thanks, Mark.

Is it ultimately another case of determining how tough a job you have in front of you, and picking the right product?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Am GT View Post
          Thanks, Mark.

Is it ultimately another case of determining how tough a job you have in front of you, and picking the right product?
          Correct! It's quite tough to do so... especially with such an extensive line-up of products to choose from.

If you can spare the cost, I personally think having a bottle of M105 and a bottle of M205 is a must for anyone that correct paint. They are both such versatile, effective products I can't imagine life without them.

Comment

That's right. I bought a bottle of M105 and M205. The M105 is barely used while the M205 is used about a quarter of a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
              That's right. I bought a bottle of M105 and M205. The M105 is barely used while the M205 is used about a quarter of a bottle.
              It really depends on the type and volume of work you do. For me, I specialize in full paint restorations on vehicles that are used and abused and nothing short of M105 will do the trick for the initial knock-down. I buy my M105 by the gallon...

Then again, I bought a gallon of M205 too

Comment

Gotcha!

Thanks again!

Comment

is this the 85RD that was mentioned?

www autogeek.net/menzerna-final-finish-po85rd.html

just wondering since it says PO85RD
                  Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 31, 2009, 06:52 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
                    • Advanced technology produces a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
                    • Uses Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive Technology
                    • For use after M105 Ultra-Cut Compound and all other Meguiar's Compounds
                    • Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints
                    • Produces rich, deep reflections
                    • Smooth buffing feel with easy wipe off and fast clean up
                    • Non-gumming formula, performs well with any Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Pads
                    • PAINTABLE: Safe for use in the paint shop environment
                    • Safe, Crystalline Silica Free Formula
                    • Environmentally responsible, VOC compliant formula
                    • For use with Rotary Buffer, DA Polisher, Orbital Buffer and by Hand
                    M205 Professional Ultra Finishing Polish
                    MSRP
                    $111.10 - Gallon
                    $37.10 - 32 oz.

Close-ups of the front and back labels, in order to make the back label more easy to read the text portion has been cropped out of the rest of the label.

Front Label

Back Label
                    Would just like to add this is a great product and have recently done a demos at the audi tt meet in shefield engalnd and was very impresed myshelf. will be using this again at my next show.

Comment

I have for the first time used M205.

It was a bmw 330xi that had been living under the trees and leafs and that sticky (*Edited for foul language- Mark Kleis) from the trees dont know the word in english they hade made the roof and hood look realy bad.

I tried first by hand with a medium pad just working it like 1 min. AND WOW ! it just cleaned/polished the area in to perfection..

So i hooke the medium pads up on my Cyclo DA and when for a test drive with the M205 and i gotta tell you, 3-4 passes with pressure and then 2-3 passes with only machine weight and BAAAM you got LSP perfection... And so easy to wipe of the residue.

Im totaly blown away with the easy handling and the perfect results.

I cant imagine what my M105 can do on a more neglected car. anxious to try it out

I just wanted to tell you guys how great this product performed in my firt try
                      Last edited by Markus Kleis; Oct 18, 2009, 10:58 PM. Reason: Family friendly language

Comment

Nice car you´ve done.
                        Dont even think about using #105 on a BMW.It cuts way to much.Try 2X #205 and get a better finnish.Remember that BMW pain is medium/hard,and very easy to work with.
                        Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

How does this compare to 3M UltraFina, or SwirlMark removal.??
                          Kevin Smith

Comment

My buddy Dave, Kickin_Griffin on here I believe, says that this is a product that exceeds Ultrafina. To boot, it has more cut than Ultrafina. It also uses an abrasive that does not diminish. That means it can be used with a polishing pad, high pressure, and higher speeds to remove moderate swirls.

It can also be used with a finishing pad and no pressure for correcting light defects or to create a refined surface. Because 205 doesn't break down, you can work it in until the desired correction is achieved, without waiting for the abrasives to break down to prevent holograms.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                              Here are the results I achieved using #105 / rotary followed by #205 / DA the topped with #21 on a Lexus LX570.

Here is what I used for paint correction. When I took this pic I didnt think I needed the DA. When I checked the finish in the sun I did notice light buffer marks. I DA'ed the finish with #205 to get it perfect. So a DA should have been included in this pic.

I realize this is a super old post but I'm "totally" new to these products and want to start using them. What is "finished up with 21? Did a search but could not find it. A friend recommended that I start using M105 & M205. Said that's all I need to detail my black Mercedes and new Ram, Silver Diesel truck. I have the PC and Flex buffers with large pads plus backing plate and pads for 4" ~ all necessary colors of both sized pads. Do I do a pre-detail cleaning and then start out with the M105, wiping that off and then buff with the M205, again wiping that off and then add whatever this 21 is? Tks. I'm totally lost with all these products. Spent over $5,000 with another detailing company and simply put, tired of all the wrong answers.
                              Last edited by Slidder; Sep 21, 2012, 06:20 PM. Reason: spel

Comment

#21 is the wax/sealant that was used at the end.

What condition are your vehicles in?

You may find it best to start a thread and post some pics of your vehicles, and maybe closer view of the surface, and get some other opinions then.

Not that the idea is bad or anything.

And depends what you mean by pre-clean. You would want to wash, then possibly use a TRIX type product, then clay, then #105/#205/wax... but that is just the general idea.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');