• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

I think I'll have to make room for this one

Comment

Originally posted by Arne View Post
      Looks like #80 ,but with a new formula.

That was my first thought.

Cam this be used as a replacement for #80 or #83??
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

When is this slated to hit the streets? I'll give it a go. Also, what is the working time on it?
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

2009 New Products Availability

Work time is great on this product, plenty of room to do what you need to do!

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post

Very good question. I think it's more like a product LIKE #80 but with the new type of abrasive that Meguiar's has created, seems like they are changing everything to the super micro abrasive technology

Comment

I was going to ask, if you had to compare this product with a product in the 80 series, which one does it come closest too?

Thanks,
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Chemical wise, it's nothing like M80.

Like M80 it is a product for removing defects by removing paint.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, M205 doesn't remove paint? Doesn't it abrade to remove hologram swirls, etc?
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post

Yes but remember, if this product isn't aggressive enough then you would substitute a more aggressive product. It does work great though and unlike some products it has a LONG play time or buffing cycle and because the abrasives DON"T break down this means it's working as long as you're working it. Everyone has to learn the difference in working with diminishing abrasives versus super micro abrasives.

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, M205 doesn't remove paint? Doesn't it abrade to remove hologram swirls, etc?
                  Think you might have read what I wrote the wrong way, M205 is an abrasive swirl and scratch remover, it just isn't like M80. M80 uses diminishing abrasives and is rich in the same type of polishing oils like #7 Show Car Glaze. M205 isn't like this, or in other words, M205 isn't like M80 chemical wise but it is a NEW technology, using a NEW type of abrasive to remove below surface defects.

Make sense?

For what it's worth, my favorite new product. Don't want to detail any cars unless I have this product for the job, it's that good.

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                  I was going to ask, if you had to compare this product with a product in the 80 series, which one does it come closest too?

Thanks,
                  Tom
                  Depends upon how you work it, length of time, type of pad, pressure, speed, etc.

If you use it aggressively then it can be as effective as M80, if you use it lightly or gently, it can be as effective as M09

Again, as we introduce our new technology in different formulas our users will have to learn a different way of thinking and using these products as compared to what they're used to when using products that use diminishing abrasives. The technology is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again, if you were to read through my posts of the last years I've touched on this subject when talking about using M105 by hand in that even though the aggressive scale for M105 goes to 12, you can still apply it gently and for only a short time and it can be completely gentle and non-aggressive to the paint.

YOU control some aspects of any cleaning or abrading process. Isn't that a good think? YOU have more control?

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Depends upon how you work it, length of time, type of pad, pressure, speed, etc.

If you use it aggressively then it can be as effective as M80, if you use it lightly or gently, it can be as effective as M09

Again, as we introduce our new technology in different formulas our users will have to learn a different way of thinking and using these products as compared to what they're used to when using products that use diminishing abrasives. The technology is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again, if you were to read through my posts of the last years I've touched on this subject when talking about using M105 by hand in that even though the aggressive scale for M105 goes to 12, you can still apply it gently and for only a short time and it can be completely gentle and non-aggressive to the paint.

YOU control some aspects of any cleaning or abrading process. Isn't that a good think? YOU have more control?

Thanks Mike, for you to say it's your favorite product to detail with has me excited about using it. Yes, controlling the product and learning different techniques to try with it is always nice. I read a post on another forum that someone was having trouble with 105, someone else wrote back and told him to prime the pad well, then buff, after a few passes, to lightly mist the area with water or QD and buff again without applying anymore product, this was with a wool pad and cleaning the pad after every panel. I don't know if 151 has the same abrasive technology that 105, 95 and 205 have, but I tried that method on a detail this weekend with 151 and it worked like a charm!

Comment

So when will Meguiars have a fire sale on the 'old' products?

Great job on the new products, there are a lot of very promising products hitting the shelves.
                      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Think you might have read what I wrote the wrong way, M205 is an abrasive swirl and scratch remover, it just isn't like M80. M80 uses diminishing abrasives and is rich in the same type of polishing oils like #7 Show Car Glaze. M205 isn't like this, or in other words, M205 isn't like M80 chemical wise but it is a NEW technology, using a NEW type of abrasive to remove below surface defects.

Make sense?

For what it's worth, my favorite new product. Don't want to detail any cars unless I have this product for the job, it's that good.
                        Thanks Mike, makes perfect sense. Sounds like a winner, as are all the new products.
                        Paul Marmarinos
                        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Just added screen shots of the actual front and back labels to the first message of this thread...

Nick Chapman is part of the Meguiar's Men in Black Team at SEMA this year so he can't readily back me up on this but he and Ryan one of our Avatar Czar's had a chance to use M205 on the Batmobile over the summer and I'm not kidding when I say loved this product both when used with a Rotary Buffer and a DA Polisher.

Batmobile Extreme Makeover - Pictures & Comments

By the time we we're done with the car the fun part of this event was going on and as such we didn't get the kind of "Sun Shots" this forum is famous for but suffice to say, M205 removed all the swirls and created a swirl free finish that looked like wet paint after we applied NXT Tech Wax 2.0

M205 was a project under the direction of Jason Rose together with Meguiar's team of top notch chemists... Jason's at SEMA answering questions in the booth today but here he is getting ready to move the Batmobile out of Meguiar's Garage...

And here he is giving poking some fun at the Joker Truck

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes but remember, if this product isn't aggressive enough then you would substitute a more aggressive product. It does work great though and unlike some products it has a LONG play time or buffing cycle and because the abrasives DON"T break down this means it's working as long as you're working it. Everyone has to learn the difference in working with diminishing abrasives versus super micro abrasives.

Very good information, thanks for the answer. Definitely interested in this one!

How about a free bottle for all MOL members, thats only 20,000 bottles.
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hmmm...Ultra Finishing Polish is very close to Ultra Fine Machine Polish. You also mentioned it has a long play time, another characteristic of Ultrafina. Are Meguiar's and 3M sharing lines now?
                              We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
                                Hmmm...Ultra Finishing Polish is very close to Ultra Fine Machine Polish. You also mentioned it has a long play time, another characteristic of Ultrafina. Are Meguiar's and 3M sharing lines now?
                                I'm going to guess that this product was in the works LONG before the 3M/Meguiars news.
                                I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');