• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

Originally posted by gbackus View Post
    I'm going to guess that this product was in the works LONG before the 3M/Meguiar's news.
    Correct answer. Really haven't seen any 3M presence at the office so far at all and it's only been weeks since the deal was finalized.

Nice Avatar by the way George...

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
    Hmmm...Ultra Finishing Polish is very close to Ultra Fine Machine Polish. You also mentioned it has a long play time, another characteristic of Ultrafina. Are Meguiar's and 3M sharing lines now?
    Just coincidence, but thanks for bringing this up here and now so we can squash any rumors or bad information you find on other forums.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

very nice discribtion on the back of the bottle with the massaging the paint technique,. Mentioning the full description would be very helpful and informative.

Comment

Another new product to try...

...when we eventually get it down here...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Just coincidence, but thanks for bringing this up here and now so we can squash any rumors or bad information you find on other forums.

Well, I enjoyed M105 so maybe I will enjoy this one just as much. Larger pricetag than most Megs products. I hope it delivers. In terms of cut, I know it's rank is a 4 on the Meguiar's scale. Would that make it like a finishing polish, as in something you would you use on a regular basis to polish out the swirls and add gloss left behind by a medium compound/polish. Or, is this like a burnishing polish (for lack of a better term) as in a high gloss polish used after a finishing polish purely to bring the paint to an extreme high gloss?
          We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Does M205 have polishing oils like #7/#80?
            1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
            1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
            1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteLX View Post
              Does M205 have polishing oils like #7/#80?
              Doesn't sound like it.

Chemical wise, it's nothing like M80.

Like M80 it is a product for removing defects by removing paint.

Think you might have read what I wrote the wrong way, M205 is an abrasive swirl and scratch remover, it just isn't like M80. M80 uses diminishing abrasives and is rich in the same type of polishing oils like #7 Show Car Glaze. M205 isn't like this, or in other words, M205 isn't like M80 chemical wise but it is a NEW technology, using a NEW type of abrasive to remove below surface defects.

Make sense?

For what it's worth, my favorite new product. Don't want to detail any cars unless I have this product for the job, it's that good.

Depends upon how you work it, length of time, type of pad, pressure, speed, etc.

If you use it aggressively then it can be as effective as M80, if you use it lightly or gently, it can be as effective as M09

Again, as we introduce our new technology in different formulas our users will have to learn a different way of thinking and using these products as compared to what they're used to when using products that use diminishing abrasives. The technology is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again, if you were to read through my posts of the last years I've touched on this subject when talking about using M105 by hand in that even though the aggressive scale for M105 goes to 12, you can still apply it gently and for only a short time and it can be completely gentle and non-aggressive to the paint.

YOU control some aspects of any cleaning or abrading process. Isn't that a good think? YOU have more control?

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
                In terms of cut, I know it's rank is a 4 on the Meguiar's scale. Would that make it like a finishing polish, as in something you would you use on a regular basis to polish out the swirls and add gloss left behind by a medium compound/polish. Or, is this like a burnishing polish (for lack of a better term) as in a high gloss polish used after a finishing polish purely to bring the paint to an extreme high gloss?
                It's a finishing polish as in after you use this product your finished. From the starter message of this thread, these are not all the bullet points, just the ones that answer your questions, remember you can use this with a rotary buffer to for more powerful cut to remove deeper defects, (addressed this already in another thread), and also with a DA Polisher for "Finish Polishing".

Here you go...

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
                • Advanced technology produces a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
                • For use after M105 Ultra-Cut Compound and all other Meguiar's Compounds
                • Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints
                • Produces rich, deep reflections

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I emailed my Meguair's distributor yesterday, and told him I was ready for a gallon of M205. I still have almost a full gallon of M105, so they can compliment each other.

I am excited to try this stuff out!! Maybe I shall drop by SoCal again to check it out.
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post

I am excited to try this stuff out!!

Maybe I shall drop by SoCal again to check it out.
                    Long time no see! Last time you were here we put you to work...

Would love to have you at Meguiar's again... would this be your 3rd visit or your 4th visit?

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Does it work well with the new clear coats from Mercedes?

Comment

Originally posted by Junebug View Post
                        Does it work well with the new clear coats from Mercedes?
                        Just to make it clear on this type of question, our chemists and our Pro Sales Team, (which are also Pro Detailers themselves), field test ALL our Pro products on all paint systems in as many varied climates as humanly possible, so the fact that a product has no specific disclaimer not to use it on any specific type of paint system is a real great indicator it works on all paint systems.

Don't believe the hype posted by other people or companies about products formulated "specifically" for specific types of paint, my experienced guess is this is more about marketing than anything else.

Have patience until you can get these new products into your hands and test them out yourself.

Also, I'm sure Jason Rose, Mike Pennington or Jeff Brown can chime in with any hard data on this subject after everyone returns from the SEMA/NACE event and get caught up with their responsibility in the other areas of their jobs, (voice mail/e-mail).

Thanks...

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I'm still confused.. or maybe it is the new technology thing and still comparing to the old products...

But if #80 used diminishing abraseives and polishing oils to make the shine, does #205 use micro-abrasives and polishing oils? Some of the posts kind of sound like it is a cleaner only, and others sound like it is a cleaner/polish, esp when Mike says it is the "finishing product".
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post

But if #80 used diminishing abrasives and polishing oils to make the shine, does #205 use micro-abrasives and polishing oils?

Some of the posts kind of sound like it is a cleaner only, and others sound like it is a cleaner/polish, esp when Mike says it is the "finishing product".
                            Good question and I'll see what I can find out but just to note that because this is a question that is going into the ingredients in the bottle it's crossing into the issue of proprietary information. (sorry)

That said, lets look at five bullet points,
                            • Advanced technology produces a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
                            • Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints
                            • Produces rich, deep reflections
                            • Smooth buffing feel with easy wipe off and fast clean up
                            • Non-gumming formula, performs well with any Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Pads

* Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints
                            Removes swirls - So it has the ability to abrade paint and remove defects not fill them in.

* Produces rich, deep reflections
                            Restores and maximizes clarity of the clear coat so you can get rich, deep reflections out of the color coat underneath. (Can't get these kinds of visual appearance effects if the clear coat is dull or hazy).

* Smooth buffing feel with easy wipe off and fast clean up
                            The abrasive particles likely are not responsible for a smooth buffing feel with easy wipe-off, so this means there's some kind of lubricant or carrying agent that provides these benefits. This does not mean these ingredients are similar to the type of polishing oils found in #7 or #80 as our chemists are continually introducing new technology to the market through our products. (This is probably going to be proprietary information, you'll just have to trust the Meguiar's name).

This is where we're going to keep the focus on the performance of the products and not the ingredients in the bottle.

* Non-gumming formula, performs well with any Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Pads
                            See answer above.

While we know many online enthusiasts want to know what the ingredients are in the bottle, we can't and don't share proprietary information, instead we keep the focus on the performance of the products because that's what's most important anyways.

This is where everyone needs to have a little patience while we wait for these products to work they way into the market.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thats ok Mike, thanks. Just trying to see where they fit in with the old products, and the 5-steps.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is it January yet? I pretty much can't wait to give 205 a go.
                                Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');