• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ColorX - New Look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColorX - New Look!

ColorX - New Look!

Meguiar’s ColorX is the tested and proven system to restore deep color and gloss from your oxidized or contaminated paint finish. Helps remove fine scratches and swirl marks too. Our polish and wax combination will dramatically revive brilliant color and add a long lasting protection that locks in the shine. For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine® Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry.

G11816 ColorX
    Liquid 16 oz
    MSRP: $9.68

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: ColorX - New Look!

Any idea when the new packaging for ColorX will show up in stores?

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
      Any idea when the new packaging for ColorX will show up in stores?
      Not really. Usually the FIFO system is used for product rotation, that is First In, First Out.

As current stock is sold, new stock and thus the new labels will be rotated onto the shelves.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

My Advance Auto has the new lookers in stock. I really would like to try this product out.

Where and how can it compare (if) to D-151?
        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
          Where
          On car paint

how can it compare (if) to D-151?
          Not as strong as D151

D151 uses SMAT while ColorX uses DAT

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

All other factors being equal, below is the relative ranking of aggressiveness among our cleaner/waxes.
            • Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
            • M20 Polymer Sealant
            • ColorX
            • M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, w would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
            • M66 Quick Detailer
            • D151 PRC

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              All other factors being equal, below is the relative ranking of aggressiveness among our cleaner/waxes.
              • Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
              • M20 Polymer Sealant
              • ColorX
              • M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, w would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
              • M66 Quick Detailer
              • D151 PRC

didnt know D151 PRC was SMAT

would never had guessed that M20 was more aggressive than A12

Thanks for the info Mike
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Har har Mike! LOL!

I too would have never guessed that A12 was weaker than M20! I've used A12 a lot and think it's great and very under rated.

Ok, let me re-phrase this.......
                Why would you (Mike) choose to use Color-X instead of another products?
                What circumstance would call it out?
                www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Har har Mike! LOL!

I too would have never guessed that A12 was weaker than M20! I've used A12 a lot and think it's great and very under rated.

Ok, let me re-phrase this.......
                  I know this question isnt directed at me but Color X is a product that cleans, polishes, and protects in one easy step. Color X is also really nice because it has good cleaning power for oxidized finishes but it can also be used gently with a foam applicator pad for some mild to moderate cleaning ability. Color X also has protection in it and is your first coat of wax and then you could put NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on for the second coat. Color X plus NXT is the first combo I used on my truck as it sat out on the dealers lot for 4 months before i got it and you would think a brand new car or truck would be at its maximum potential already since its brand new but thats not always the case, i saw this to be even more true after i clayed it. Even with all the new products coming out I still plan on using Color X as it appeals to me and it is a very simple one step procedure.

Hope this helps and good luck if your working on something
                  Nick
                  815-954-0773

Comment

ColorX would be a good choice for neglected paint where you only want to do a one step process and sometimes if you run into micro-marring on scratch-sensitive paints it works well with a finishing pad to remove it.

Personally I would choose it over less aggressive products for speed and effectiveness.

One good thing about it is it's easy to find at most Hard Parts auto parts stores like Autozone, Pep Boy's and Kragen, as well as Target and Walmart unlike M66 and D151 which would be sold at PBE Auto Parts Stores.

It's easier to recommend for the above reason plus comes in a 16 ounce bottles as some people don't want a gallon of a cleaner/wax like D151 and M66

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks guys.
                      Ok Mike you told me what type of abrasives are in ColorX but what type of protection is in it?
                      Natural or synthetic?
                      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

I also think Color X is something I may use in future, for this reason:

Don't need to use M105, or even M205, etc. every time you do a wax, if you like to do it regularly. So I figure, sometimes, Color X followed by NXT is also a good combination, for a light cleaning with color x before putting down nxt.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                          Ok Mike you told me what type of abrasives are in ColorX but what type of protection is in it?
                          Natural or synthetic?
                          A blend of natural and synthetic.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                            I know this question isnt directed at me but Color X is a product that cleans, polishes, and protects in one easy step. Color X is also really nice because it has good cleaning power for oxidized finishes but it can also be used gently with a foam applicator pad for some mild to moderate cleaning ability. Color X also has protection in it and is your first coat of wax and then you could put NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on for the second coat. Color X plus NXT is the first combo I used on my truck as it sat out on the dealers lot for 4 months before i got it and you would think a brand new car or truck would be at its maximum potential already since its brand new but thats not always the case, i saw this to be even more true after i clayed it. Even with all the new products coming out I still plan on using Color X as it appeals to me and it is a very simple one step procedure.

Hope this helps and good luck if your working on something
                            Agreed. ColorX is nice and it appeals to me as well.
                            Good when we want combine the 3 steps into 1.
                            Now my combo would be ColorX with No21 v2.0.
                            Ocassionally, I would top M56 over ColorX.

Comment

Color x is a good AIO, especially for daily drivers .
                              Nick
                              815-954-0773

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');