• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endurance Tire Gel - New Look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endurance Tire Gel - New Look!

I have several bottles of the regular Hot Shine that I use every week. Do you guys recommend this stuff? Does it shine better, or just last longer? At my AutoZone it is over 10 dollars so I didn't get it yet.
    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
      I have several bottles of the regular Hot Shine that I use every week. Do you guys recommend this stuff? Does it shine better, or just last longer? At my AutoZone it is over 10 dollars so I didn't get it yet.
      Agreed, $9.99 at my Advance Auto Parts. Little steep...especially at $7.49 MSRP.
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Love the Endurance lasts a month on my Silverado !
        WrightDetail
        The Wright Way
        2007 Chevy HHR
        2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Does anyone else find these harsher tire cleaners splash up on the paint while driving?

Whenever I put them on, my paint gets gooed, when I go out for a drive, and I even wipe it off some on the tire. Anyway, it makes me scared to use them now.

Sure looks gorgeous though. Now I just rub on like some #40 or something.

Comment

I apply the night before so it "sits" for about 12 hours or so. That usually helps me with the sling problem (which I've never had by doing the step above)
            Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

I really need to get this product... been searching for a while for that in my country.
              Ganesa,
              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                I really need to get this product... been searching for a while for that in my country.

i am actually going to the store to pick up another bottle tomorrow
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

nice, i think im going hunting in the stores tomorrow, its not that often you can find the good meguiars products here in Indonesia... :]
                  Ganesa,
                  Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

This is the one Meguiars product I have been using the longest, probably the first one I picked up.

I use a terry applicator pad to apply it to the tires, then when those are done I apply Endurance to the plastic wheel well molding.

Comment

i heard that applying it with a rubber pad or a brush is easier and more efficient, rather than using a sponge, cuz a sponge would absorb the gel??
                      or does anyone do it a different way??
                      Ganesa,
                      Toyota Vios '05

Comment

nice, i think im going hunting in the stores tomorrow, its not that often you can find the good meguiars products here in Indonesia... :]
                        Don't wear yourself out too much looking. I know it's hard enough to find some of these hard to find items in the U.S. Sometimes, they just aren't to be found in our area, without ordering.

Comment

i heard that applying it with a rubber pad or a brush is easier and more efficient, rather than using a sponge, cuz a sponge would absorb the gel??
                          or does anyone do it a different way??
                          Personally, I don't like a thick super shiny dressing on the tires. Which is what I would imagine I'd get with a brush or rubber pad. I don't want to go out and have people think "He just put tire dressing on his tires 10 minutes ago"

I've never found much product is needed on the tires, not much more than a quarter size for the first tire, then a dime size for the other three. I guess since the tires are well maintained, they require less Endurance to stay looking good. About all they need each time I wash is a touch-up. I even use a slightly damp terry applicator to ease distribution. Even if I lose some product due to absorbtion, oh well, I've only used a tablespoon or two worth of product.

Comment

Originally posted by To be named later View Post
                            Personally, I don't like a thick super shiny dressing on the tires. Which is what I would imagine I'd get with a brush or rubber pad. I don't want to go out and have people think "He just put tire dressing on his tires 10 minutes ago"

I've never found much product is needed on the tires, not much more than a quarter size for the first tire, then a dime size for the other three. I guess since the tires are well maintained, they require less Endurance to stay looking good. About all they need each time I wash is a touch-up. I even use a slightly damp terry applicator to ease distribution. Even if I lose some product due to absorbtion, oh well, I've only used a tablespoon or two worth of product.
                            I don't know about you guys but my tires aren't smooth...I'd spend two hours trying to spread a tabelspoon's worth of product into all the nooks and crannies...I put the Hot Shine Tire Gel (all I have since I'm out of Endurance ) in a tupperware container, I use a 1 1/2" paint brush to apply it. I wait till the next morning and then wipe it off with a towel designated for such a dirty job I wrap the brush in plastic till next time and it's ready to go.

I do like Endurance better but ADS was backordered when I placed my last order
                            Bill Poirier
                            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');