• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W68 Rotary Buffer Backing Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: W68 Rotary Buffer Backing Plate

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
    There was a thread on the "old" forum about the threading. Maybe Paul can chime in on this one...

The Makita 9227C for the US uses the 5/8"-11 threading (the US backing plates use the same 5/8 threads). I believe the European models either use M14 or M16.

This thread might help a bit:
    http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=25859
    I agree. Here in Malaysia. The old makita 9227c stock are using the 16mm thread while the new stock is using 14mm size thread. So to mix and match we have to use a thread adapter to make sure it fits.

Comment

Originally posted by PuDeN View Post
      I agree. Here in Malaysia. The old makita 9227c stock are using the 16mm thread while the new stock is using 14mm size thread. So to mix and match we have to use a thread adapter to make sure it fits.
      It follows from this except that, in my W68 the thread is greater than the screw threads in Makita.
      I have a EU version of Makita (9227CB) and the W68 I bought in US (ADS) - maybe here is the problem - what do You think ?

Comment

That's the problem indeed. You need a M14 (Female)to 5/8-11 (Male) adapter (EU Makita to W68) - the post that was referenced before in this thread talks about these guys - http:// www.southshoremfg.com - but it seems they don't have this anymore (at least, I can't find it in their web-shop).
        I did just send them an e-mail asking about this adaptor and if they still have it available. Will update this thread when I get a reply.

If somebody else has an idea who delivers these adaptors - pls let us know. Even if not shipping internationally I can have it delivered to one of my friends in the US who can ship it over to Europe for me.

So much to say for the standardized DA-spindle 5/16-24

Thx

Comment

I got following reply after asking the question to South Shore Manufacturing:"Sorry, we don't offer that 14mm to 5/8 adapter anymore."
          If so has any experience with these or knows other places where to find these things - please let us know.
          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Aug 8, 2009, 04:38 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Comment

GVDS, I tried to fix your posts but it appears you are typing them in Word and then pasting into the forum? It is impossible for us to clean out the code and modify your posts without messing them up in the process.

Please try typing in the forum box in the future as it makes it easier for us to read and fix the posts if necessary.

Also, new members need to reach 30 posts before posting click-able hotlinks.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

Hey Mark,

I'm typing my replies into the box on the web-page so not sure what's going on - but I was using IE and will now use Firefox ... Maybe that helps (I hope so to make your life easier).

Apologize I wasn't aware of the limitations when it comes to clickable hotlinks - will keep it in mind. So - diamaxinc as well as foamez provides these adaptors in the US. I think I mentioned in my original post that one of them is sold out, does not have too much technical specs (foamez) and the other one is limited to 4000 rpm (which is fine for rotary afaik).
              Any further links or info that can help us get these adaptors - pls reply to this msg.

Thx

Comment

@ Lukaszr - I have a local person who will produce a few for me. If inteterested send me a PM. I'll be trying it out myself and will let you know how it goes. If good results - we can work something out to get you one too.

Thx

Comment

try this link

Comment

This guy solved my problems of the m14 to 5/8-11,

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');