• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - New Look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - New Look!

Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - New Look!

Meguiar’s Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax creates a strong, protective barrier on your paint that locks in shine and gloss. Our long-lasting, tried-and-true formulation utilizes the highest grade of carnauba to protect all paint surfaces, including clear coats.

Liquid 16 ounces
    MSRP: $7.18

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - New Look!

Mike, will the paint cleaner also receive a new look, or will it be phased out by maybe the new SwirlX or ScratchX?
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
      Mike, will the paint cleaner also receive a new look, or will it be phased out by maybe the new SwirlX or ScratchX?
      From this thread,

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post

And is DC1 still around?
      Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      DC1 is still around, but with the introduction of these new scratch and swirl mark removers it's likely going to be discontinued and if you notice, the labels on DC Polish and Carnauba no longer have the "Step" labeling on them.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I think the step system was a good idea, for those clueless about detailing. I know a lot of people I know would think a cleaner, polish, and wax are the same thing. The steps listed gave some of the clueless an idea, and an effective system to use.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I started with and I was C L U E L E S S!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Yeah I was clueless at one time too.

Comment

Errrr ... I'm still clueless ...
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

I would imagine not updating DC1's packaging may be a precursor to a phase out.

The DC1 was the first ever pure cleaner I ever worked with. If it goes, I'll for sure miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                  I would imagine not updating DC1's packaging may be a precursor to a phase out.

The DC1 was the first ever pure cleaner I ever worked with. If it goes, I'll for sure miss it.
                  I think it is going.... but there are several new paint cleaners coming out in the consumer line that sure look like great options.

Here are some links:
                  Ultimate Compound
                  SwirlX
                  ScratchX 2.0
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Will there not always be a need for a chemical, nonabrasive paint cleaner? If DC1 is discontinued, what will replace it? What will you use instead?
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

DC1 has very mild diminishing abrasives, which would need worked in to be used "properly".

The replacement would be to use SwirlX and apply it gently.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi Mike.
                        does the deep crystal carnauba wax contain any cleaner? I already purchased that product and planed to use them on top of my third coat of Klasse Sealant (Klasse AIO is the base) but i'm afraid the Deep Crystal contain cleaner which will clean up everything that i did before that. Also, i have a silver car, do you think it's a good idea to top it with Deep Crystal? Then what should i do for next time when i wash the car? Keep putting up Deep crystal? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by andyvn579 View Post
                          Hi Mike.
                          does the deep crystal carnauba wax contain any cleaner? I already purchased that product and planed to use them on top of my third coat of Klasse Sealant (Klasse AIO is the base) but i'm afraid the Deep Crystal contain cleaner which will clean up everything that i did before that. Also, i have a silver car, do you think it's a good idea to top it with Deep Crystal? Then what should i do for next time when i wash the car? Keep putting up Deep crystal? thanks
                          DC3 has no cleaning ability.
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Quote:
                            <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by andyvn579
                            Hi Mike.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
                            DC3 has no cleaning ability.

Thanks for replying Tuck91.
                            Could i ask you another question. I know silver car would never be shiny as dark color car, but i still want try to bring the most possible shiny for my car (it's 2007 model). Is there any way i can do that? Base on the info i read somewhere on the internet, people said that there is no use for putting another carnauba wax on top of sealant for silver car since silver doesn't have the deep gloss anyway. Is that true? I'm currently finishing my third layer of Klasse Sealant and dont know if i should put another layer of DC3 or not. Thanks

Comment

The conventional wisdom is that silver and white cars, especially those with metallic paint, look best in a synthetic sealant; yet there are plenty of people who love their silver and white cars topped with a carnauba. There really is only one way to find out. Try it out and see for oneself. These kinds of decisions are ultimately personal and subjective.

Personally, I'd probably stick with the Klasse sealant, if I really liked the way it looked.

An advantage of sticking with the sealant is that it allows one to continue to apply further sealant coats at a later time; but if one tops the sealant with a carnauba wax, then one is committed to remain with carnauba wax until such time as one is able to strip off the LSPs and begin all over again. This may or may not be a consideration for you.

Cheers,
                              Al
                              --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');