• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - New Look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - New Look!

The conventional wisdom is that silver and white cars, especially those with metallic paint, look best in a synthetic sealant; yet there are plenty of people who love their silver and white cars topped with a carnauba. There really is only one way to find out. Try it out and see for oneself. These kinds of decisions are ultimately personal and subjective.

Personally, I'd probably stick with the Klasse sealant, if I really liked the way it looked.

An advantage of sticking with the sealant is that it allows one to continue to apply further sealant coats at a later time; but if one tops the sealant with a carnauba wax, then one is committed to remain with carnauba wax until such time as one is able to strip off the LSPs and begin all over again. This may or may not be a consideration for you.

Cheers,
    Al

Thanks a lot for the info Akimel. Yeah i think i'm gonna stick with the sealant. Actually cause i'm so tired to do more. They said when using Klasse sealant, i have to put it extremely thin. Hoever, since i can't really see it, i use a bit more. So then have to remove it with the help of Meguiars ultimate quick detailer. Ok, one last question. So what is the procedure to maintain the look? I mean i usually wash my car every 2 weeks. So do i need to apply Klasse Sealant again? Or using Meguiars Ultimate QD after wash is good enough for the protection as well as the shiny? Thank you all.

Comment

Just want to clarify my question to Akimel. Yes i understand you said that i can re-apply sealant as much as i want in the future (All i have to do is wash the car with my non-cleaner Meguiars car wash soap then just re-apply sealant. Correct me if i'm wrong about that). My question is that base on your experience and knowledge, if i use only Meguiars ultimate QD after wash, is that good enough for paint protection and the shiny? Thanks

Comment

Now that you have Klasse as your base, I suggest that you maintain it with Ultimate Quik Wax!
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks a lot. And i know i said that was my last question but i really need to clarify one thing (sorry i'm clueless about these things). So you suggest me to use Ultimate Quick Wax? not the Ultimate Quick Detail? What are the differences? When should i use the detail one and when should i sue the quick wax one? Thank you and sorry for asking too many question.
          Last edited by andyvn579; May 22, 2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

So should i buy another bottle of Ultimate Quick Wax or my Ultimate Quick Detail is ok too?

Comment

UQW and UQD serve different purposes. You should have both. UQW is only applied to a freshly washed surface. UQD may be applied to a dusty surface. UQW provides real protection to the paint. UQD adds a little gloss and beading capacity but no real protection.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Oh ok. All clear now. Thanks a lot for the info. I have UQD now and will go buy UQW later. Thanks again

Comment

I'd feel sorry to see the step 1 discontinued.As a 3 step system it is a great buy.One compliments the other.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');