• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W7207 Washable Foam Cutting Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W7207 Washable Foam Cutting Pad

W7207 Washable Foam Cutting Pad

Key Features
    • New foam technology cuts through moderate surface defects with fewer swirls
    • More consistent cut throughout life of pad
    • 7" pad size helps to reduce chatter resulting in easy buffing
    • High tech laminate provides durability and is machine washable
    • Recessed backing for easy centering
    • Recommended for use with rotary buffer only

NOTE: The official recommendation for this new cutting pad is for use with a rotary buffer only. That said we know that a lot of people will use this with a dual action polisher and in most cases if you keep your speeds at or below the 5.0 speed setting it can be an effective cutting pad in addition to your choice of compound, paint cleaner, cleaner/polish or cleaner/wax.

If you choose to use this new cutting pad with a dual action polisher please do a test spot first with your products of choice and inspect the results to make sure you're getting the results you're looking for and if not then stop your process until you can dial in a process that does produce the results you're looking for.

There are many pant systems on the market both OEM and Refinishing, (Auto Body Shops), and each paint system can react differently to different levels of aggressiveness when it comes to pad and product selection. In some cases a cutting pad will remove the defects faster and more effectively but in order to create an acceptable finish you may have to do a second cleaning/polishing step using a less aggressive pad and product before going to wax.

So always perform a test spot first and dial in an acceptable process for your car's paint system before going over the entire car.

PLEASE REMEMBER: When you use a "foam cutting pad" on a D/A, you certainly increase the defect removal BUT you also increase the risk of hazing or micro marring on certain finishes. Both defect removal ability and hazing/micro marring depends on the paint, the user, and the product. Unfortunately, there is no absolute in this arena.

Part Numbers: W7207
    MSRP: $14.00 each (U.S.A.)

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: W7207 Washable Foam Cutting Pad

I used this pad with M105 on my Makita Rotary using Kevin Browns method, and all I have to say is what GREAT pad! I was a little nervous with the stiffness and being that its only available in the larger size. Once I began using it(on a 2008 Z06, curvy fenders I might add) I was blown away with the ease of use and cutting ability and the absolute GLOW it left on the finish, I did need to go to a finishing step afterwards just to remove very moderate holograms.

I will be buying plenty more of these pads in the future! Mike, look forward to working with you in the Autogeek Megs detail class in a few weeks!

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');