• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Hmm, I wonder how much different it is by hand. I loved the old one since it was very easy to use. I can't wait to pick this one up. I'll have to make sure I put 1.0 and 2.0 on my bottles or I'll forget lol
    Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

So Mike......

Is this a new formula or is it just a new label?

Thanks!
      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Mike P., is always very careful with his typed words.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryAdams View Post
          Mike P., is always very careful with his typed words.
          LOL!
          I missed that. Some how.........

Now I'm wondering what it is. More work time?

I have quart of #105 now. Dang it.
          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post

Now I'm wondering what it is. More work time?
            Can be used with a DA Polisher...

You know, the thing so many people asked for? See this thread... (guess I'll have to move the thread)

Why not M105 with a DA Polisher?

(the above is in "Hot Topics")

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The below was taken from the starter message on the first page of this thread, note the last bullet point

Features:
              • Ultra-fast cutting removes 1200 grit or finer sanding marks
              • Super-micro abrasives leave best in class finish
              • Great for removing scratches, defects, acid rain and severe swirls/holograms
              • PAINTABLE: Safe for use in the paint shop environment
              • Safe, Crystalline Silica Free Formula
              • Environmentally responsible, VOC compliant formula
              • For use with a rotary buffer, hand and now with a DA Polisher!
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Very cool!

I'll go to the supplier I'll be like

Comment

Mike-I know you can't release an proprietary information but can you give a basic overview of what has been changed to allow use by a DA? The original formula works pretty well via PC/UDM using an 8006 pad on harder paints but hazes softer paints. Just want to be sure I still get the same cut via rotary.
                  Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Nice work guys

Now to get me a DA...
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I can't wait to get my hands on the 105. I was debating on getting it as I am very proficient with the pc/g-100 and so so on the rotary. My only hang-up was that it was not recommended for pc use. Now that it is I will be getting both 105 and 205. Thanks Meguiars for listening to customers.

Andrew
                      2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Just a wild guess. my guess would be same cut on hand and RB, only different little tweak in the product which suit DA user now.

So those been using RB, hand...what else to worry ? It has been extended to DA user now !!

Thats all we need to know

Comment

I just bought the older M105 to try out with my PC a month ago.

I know, I'll just have to get a new rotary!

Oh well, maybe one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax View Post
                            Mike-I know you can't release an proprietary information but can you give a basic overview of what has been changed to allow use by a DA? The original formula works pretty well via PC/UDM using an 8006 pad on harder paints but hazes softer paints. Just want to be sure I still get the same cut via rotary.
                            It's never fun to post the words "I don't know" but I don't know.

I haven't been told, so I can't share what I don't know. The SEMA/NACE shows are big events for Meguiar's and require much resources including staff from all departments and until everyone returns, catches up in their in-box and the voice mail and attends all the post-show meetings we'll have to wait for some more information on ALL new products.

Sometimes you just have to put your trust in the name on the label.

Wait till you get some M205 in your hands, you're going to love this product.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

I'm just a tad confused here. Which is more aggressive? The M105-DA or the Ultimate Compound? Or, am I way off base on these products' intended application? Also, is it reasonable to follow either product with M09 if hazing or micro marring should develop? Or would the preferred followup product be M205? WOW! I'm more confused than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by 100kdown View Post
                                Mike,

I'm just a tad confused here. Which is more aggressive? The M105-DA or the Ultimate Compound?
                                M105 is on our Professional Line for use in body shops to primarily use with a rotary buffer to remove sanding marks.

Ultimate Compound is in our Consumer Line for use primarily by hand or with a DA Polisher on cured paint or factory baked on paint.

Two different markets, two different needs/situations. Common sense tells us the Pro version for removing #1200 grit sanding marks with a wool pad on a rotary buffer is going to be more aggressive.

Mike,

Also, is it reasonable to follow either product with M09 if hazing or micro marring should develop? Or would the preferred followup product be M205?
                                M205 is the recommended follow-up for M105, says that in this thread,

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish

and even on the back label which is posted to the above thread.

WOW! I'm more confused than I thought!
                                Lots of confusion on the forum when new product are introduced, lots of hypothetical questions being asked... no worries... everything will be discussed to death until everyone is happy with the answers to their questions... gives me something to do...

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');