• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

I have a feeling that I will have to sell some of my products in order to buy these replacements...

Every one of my cars has hard paint and these products work great on the harder paints! Woo hoo!

Comment

can't wait to try this! my collection just keeps growing.

Comment

Just tried it after weeks of hunting some down in OZ, this stuff worked a treat better then expected, My skyline looks like glass now..lol

NXT 2.0 well its nice and easy to apply but doesnt seem to last in the weather here. a week or so its gone flat and needs waxing again.

going with the pro series next round to see if its better. m205 ?

Comment

Originally posted by grafxworld View Post

NXT 2.0 well its nice and easy to apply but doesnt seem to last in the weather here. a week or so its gone flat and needs waxing again.
          Anyone having a problem with any product quality issues, please share this with Meguiar's via the online form in the link below.

Posting about it on this discussion forum is great but if you want your experience to be known to management then PLEASE use the link below to and send your thoughts directly to management AND your information will be entered into a database that is tracked. That's the key word here, tracked. The database alerts management of spikes in product related issues and results in top priority action taking place.

Information on this discussion forum doesn't get tracked in a database like information sent to Meguiar's via the online form.

Thank you and here's the link...

Contact Meguiar's

The above link can also be found under Site Navigation in the third column of the forum homepage.

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 border=2><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The Pro version of NXT Tech Wax 2.0 would be M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax View Post
              Mike-I know you can't release an proprietary information but can you give a basic overview of what has been changed to allow use by a DA? The original formula works pretty well via PC/UDM using an 8006 pad on harder paints but hazes softer paints. Just want to be sure I still get the same cut via rotary.
              Hi Scott,

Here's what we can share, the new M105 has the same amount of cut as before with less dusting and sticking when used with a DA Polisher.

How this is done is proprietary.

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

If you like it, then you obviously like how it applies and removes and it looks good in your eyes, if you use it often your car's paint will always look new because it's only when paint is neglected that it goes down hill

I like the NXT2 and yes i reported it per request. just hoped it would last longer, I agree 100% with this Mike. hard to play catch up all the time if you let the paint go.

Comment

If you like it, then you obviously like how it applies and removes and it looks good in your eyes, if you use it often your car's paint will always look new because it's only when paint is neglected that it goes down hill

I like the NXT2 and yes i reported it per request. just hoped it would last longer, I agree 100% with this Mike. hard to play catch up all the time if you let the paint go.
                  Man, I don't know what everyone's problem with NXT (2.0) durability is. I easily got 2 months out of the original version. That is, on a properly prepped surface.......3 months with 2.0.

That's my rant.

Can't wait till the new 105 comes out!!!
                  www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

What about dust? is it better than old 105. Man just got myself 4 gallons of 105.

Comment

Originally posted by alfa_164s View Post
                      What about dust? is it better than old 105. Man just got myself 4 gallons of 105.
                      Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      the new M105 has the same amount of cut as before with less dusting and sticking when used with a DA Polisher.
                      Paul Marmarinos
                      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Ok thanks so same amount of dust when used with rotary? I always used DA on the first version of 105. It is the best product to remove holograms.

Comment

Just tried it after weeks of hunting some down in OZ, this stuff worked a treat better then expected, My skyline looks like glass now..lol

Ummm, we don't have this here in Australia yet - it's not even out in the States yet. You must have tried the original M105.

And, at the risk of taking this thread off topic:
                          As for NXT's durability, I too don't see the issue. I get three months out of an application of NXT in the Aussie weather. Are you sure the surface was prepared correctly before waxing?
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by alfa_164s View Post
                            Ok thanks so same amount of dust when used with rotary? I always used DA on the first version of 105. It is the best product to remove holograms.
                            On that note, I used to really struggle with dust issues with M105. The key being USED TO.

I have now learned how to use it at the proper speeds (just at, or slightly above 1k RPMS is best for me), rather than faster, as well as making sure to keep the pads well cleaned.

Dust is a total non-issue for me now. I will admit, it took me a bit to get used to it though as it has a unique working process.

Comment

***Bump***

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                                ***Bump***

Hey Mike, any word on when the updated M105 will start shipping?

Thanks,
                                Rasky
                                Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');