• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
    I got a lot of dusting quite quickly with M105 DA safe on G110. Would that be a sign to use more of the product?
    Is this when starting and the pad is dry or after about an hour of buffing as you're working around the car?

How much product are you placing on the pad?

Which pad are you using?

Try increasing the amount of product and be sure not to try to carve out too large a section at one time.

When starting with a dry pad the pad will soak up some product and your buffing cycle is reduced. As the pad becomes more wet with product, using the same amount of product will give you a longer buffing cycle because less product will go into the pad.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      Is this when starting and the pad is dry or after about an hour of buffing as you're working around the car?

How much product are you placing on the pad?

Which pad are you using?

Try increasing the amount of product and be sure not to try to carve out too large a section at one time.

When starting with a dry pad the pad will soak up some product and your buffing cycle is reduced. As the pad becomes more wet with product, using the same amount of product will give you a longer buffing cycle because less product will go into the pad.

Thanks. I'l try increasing the amount of product. Yes, this was early on when using the product. I would put a circle around the edge of the polishing pad before.

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
        Thanks. I'l try increasing the amount of product. Yes, this was early on when using the product. I would put a circle around the edge of the polishing pad before.
        Is there anything we can use to prime the pad before adding M105? It'd be great if we could prime the pad with QD or something similar.

PS: This is my favorite new smilie:
        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
          Is there anything we can use to prime the pad before adding M105? It'd be great if we could prime the pad with QD or something similar.

PS: This is my favorite new smilie:

Guess what? There's a thread just for that questions. We have a forum group called Hot Topics, which is filled with common or popular and even hot topics and this is a topic or question that a lot of people have thus there's at thread about it in the Hot Topics forum group.

While the subject line lists M105 and M205 the principal applies to any paint care product in Meguiar's line of products.

Using a wetting-agent with M105 and M205

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

darn....it.....

i just received my huge huge order of megs 2day, and i totally forgot that Aust. doesnt have the updated formula of M105~!!@#$#@!~!@@!!!!

i'm bordering on jumping off the roof! sigh, i shouldve got it when i got my stack of M205 and M16 from the states a month ago...SO ANNOYED~!

sorry for my rant, i was just so excited! oh wells, i guess it doesnt hurt to test the old M105 formula on the cars i need to work on...
            Ive gone through the thread 'M105 with a DA, Why not?' so hopefully i maybe one of those lucky ones who is able to work it with a DA.
            Last edited by Andy M.; Mar 5, 2009, 04:52 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language-Andy M.
            Regards, Wilco
            There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

Just wondering before I order, is the M105 listed on meguiarsdirect.com the new formulated DA approved version or is it the old version? Thanks

Comment

i also have a question about 105 being in a new formula.

I just ordered it from ADS and recieved it today. The back of the bottle only says rotary and hand for method of application. Does that mean i do not have the new formula?

Comment

I ordered the KBM kit with LC pads and PC 7424 from Classic Motoring and received a M105 with back label that identifies it's for Rotary use only. I am also wondering if the version I received was the older version by mistake as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    M105 Ultra-Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Features:
                    • Ultra-fast cutting removes 1200 grit or finer sanding marks
                    • Super-micro abrasives leave best in class finish
                    • Great for removing scratches, defects, acid rain and severe swirls/holograms
                    • PAINTABLE: Safe for use in the paint shop environment
                    • Safe, Crystalline Silica Free Formula
                    • Environmentally responsible, VOC compliant formula
                    • For use with a rotary buffer, hand and now with a DA Polisher!

MSRP
                    M10532 $32.00
                    M10501 $99.00
                    That's interesting.

Been a bit concerned about this ingredient for a while now.

Here's a thread I started about Crystalline Silica if anybody's interested.
                    r. b.

Comment

Hardly anyone uses silica anymore. It's almost exclusively aluminium oxide.
                      Paul Marmarinos
                      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                        Hardly anyone uses silica anymore. It's almost exclusively aluminium oxide.
                        That's good to hear, but Meguiar's still incorporates it into some of their products.
                        r. b.

Comment

My hobby the last 5 yrs or so has been building Custom motorcycles after I got out of the street rods for awhile & I have been looking for a compound that would eliminate those last few little scratches that after sanding my paint jobs with 2000 then 2500 always seemed to show up after countless hrs of detail buffing,All my buffing is done with a Porter cable orbital as there are usually so many spots on a frame & other parts of a motorcycle that I just dont have enough experience with a rotary buffer & would probably end up burning through somewhere, After spending a ton of money on products I still would end up going CRAZY with those last few little fine scratches that seemed like I just could not get out & end up having to go back over with 2500 or 3000 rebuffing & now I would have a fine scratch somewhere else, I just finished painting my latest build & have been detail buffing for countless hrs & still had those few scratches that normally make me NUTS, Well last night I tried the 105 for the first time with a 4" foam orange pad on my porter cable & after a few passes I could not believe what a job the 105 did in polishing out the new HOK Kandy Apple Red paint I shot a couple weeks ago, Im impressed to say the least & as far as using it with the orbital I dont think I will use anything else from now on, Less product & better results than anything I have ever used, a few passes & then some fine polishing with a green pad & final glaze & paint is pretty much flawless & looks so deep & rich I finally can say I have found a Product I LOVE !! The only thing is I Wish I would of tried the 105 a long time ago it sure would of saved me alot of AGGREVATION !!
                          Perk

Comment

Well I might of spoke a little to soon, I just came in & for the last 3hrs I have been trying to remove some hair line scratches from the 2500 & 3000 I used to sand the molded in rear fender on the frame Im working on and after starting with a 4" orange pad & then went to a yellow I still have some scratches I cant get out, I probably went over a couple scratches 5 or 6 times & cant get them to pull out, If anybody can Please tell me what I need to do to remove these fine scratches I would greatly appreciate the help, Last night the 105 seemed to pull out the couple scratches that I had ontop of the fender but today when I wet sanded the sides to finish buffing I have ended up with the same scratches I normally have, I tried extra pressure while buffing, speed on Porter is on 5, moving slowly yet they just wont disappear, The 105 says it will pull 1500 acratches with a rotary so I cannot understand why I cant pull the ones I have with multiple buffings ? HELP !!
                            Perk

Comment

Yesterday I used M105 for the very first time.... for some reason the pad kept trying to grab onto the paint and was pretty hard to control. M105 also dried up really fast, I needed a spray of water after 2 passes. If I didn't do this, it just dusted everywhere.

On the other hand M205 was perfect, it had a really long working time, never dried out.

Both were used on separate New 8207 pads, that were primed with the product.

Comment

Note: M105 was at 1500 RPM and M205 was at 1200RPM. Tested the M205 at 1500 RPM. Still doesn't dust/hop like the m105.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');