• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Jet-ski ready for Winter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Jet-ski ready for Winter...

Been wanting to do this all summer but we kept it on a lake thats around 1 hour away. Finally got it home but didnt have a whole lot of time so I did a quick cleaning till I can get some marine products and a good marine wax.

-Used the consumer quik wax to get it through the winter. Its covered by both the seadoo cover and a tarp so nothing is exposed.

-Put #40 on the seat which made it slick as snot. May try that Marine vinyl/protectant next spring. Also put #40 on all the plastic..

-used scratch-x to remove marks caused by bumping the boat when getting on and off or from waves while it was tied up.

Pics:

Need to clean this up some next spring.. Didnt have time this time by:

Took the battery out and cleaned that area up. Looks like some acid leaked out due to an idiot not hooking the vent tube up(it was bought used). I should of checked it when we got it..

Forgot to get pics with the seat on:

Its one of the lower level sea-doo's so it just has a I-3 4-tec engine. Puts ouf 130hp which gets it up to 55mph(by GPS). Some models above it come with a 155hp engine which is the same as this one but from what Ive read it is just reprogrammed. The engine above that is super charged and has 255hp. I kinda like the base 130hp engine since the super chargers are harder to winterize and dont last as long.

Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Re: Got Jet-ski ready for Winter...

Looks nice!
    Nice job with ScratchX, jet-skies suffer from those type of marks, nice job removing them.

Comment

Yea, it was the only thing I had at the time but it did a great job getting it off. Also took off the scum from the water line on the graphics that are under water.

Not sure what Marine products Ill get for it. Not really interested in removing swirls but I want something to keep it protected. Probably get the cleaner wax then either the pure wax or the Flagship Premium Marine Wax. If I get the Flagship Premium Marine Wax I may skip the cleaner wax since it says it 'enrichs the color and shine of the gel coat,' I guess it has cleaners in it...

Comment

Good job! Looks like fun!

55 mph is moving on water. Especially on something that small.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
          Good job! Looks like fun!

55 mph is moving on water. Especially on something that small.
          Imagine getting thrown off going that fast! Ive never been thrown off at full speed but its not fun no matter what speed youre going.

And this is a three seater which is one of the biggest they make.. Think what its like on a little one seater or a stand-up that goes 70mph!

Comment

I hate seeing posts with Sea Doo's in them... makes me miss mine more and more. Someday I will have another that is if the prices don't keep getting higher just have to wait for some other things to pan out first!

That said, it looks good! Nice work!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Looks a lot better. Scratch-x to the rescue. Good work.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                I hate seeing posts with Sea Doo's in them... makes me miss mine more and more.
                That said, it looks good! Nice work!
                Little things are fun but gosh do they burn the gas! With gas the way it was in the summer I could burn $50 worth in a day..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
                  Little things are fun but gosh do they burn the gas! With gas the way it was in the summer I could burn $50 worth in a day..
                  WOW, more than I would have thought... still fun!
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

You were wise not to get the supercharged version. They will only last 100 hours.. however the 255hp RXP is the wildest thing I have ever ridden on the water!! 0-65MPH in under 4 seconds!!

Nice work on the watercraft!

Comment

Originally posted by yanks_178 View Post
                      You were wise not to get the supercharged version. They will only last 100 hours.. however the 255hp RXP is the wildest thing I have ever ridden on the water!! 0-65MPH in under 4 seconds!!

Nice work on the watercraft!
                      Yea, thats what Ive read. Something about ceramic washers for the clutch that wear out really fast. I do believe they have a recall or a TSB on them though..

Either way, Im hoping this one will last many, many years. Its still a blast to run around on but I would like to try out a super charged one just for S&G's.

Comment

Have you gone 45mph on the waves created by big boats yet? I did that on accident the first time I rode one. (edited for langauage) Flew 15 ft into the air that time....and landed it successfully

Great fun though hehe. Definitely jealous of you bud
                        Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

With gas the way it was in the summer I could burn $50 worth in a day..

You're lucky you don't have a real boat.

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post
                            Have you gone 45mph on the waves created by big boats yet? I did that on accident the first time I rode one. Freaking flew 15 ft into the air that time....and landed it successfully

Great fun though hehe. Definitely jealous of you bud
                            Heck yea Ive tried that! The lake we boat on doesnt have very big boats on it but Ive been pretty scared after hitting some of those waves. You know its a big one when you have time to think, 'When am I going to land!?'

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
                            You're lucky you don't have a real boat.
                            Youre right.. Our other boat only has twin Volvo Penta DuoProp 5.0's and a 12.5kw generator..

Comment

Heck yea Ive tried that! The lake we boat on doesnt have very big boats on it but Ive been pretty scared after hitting some of those waves. You know its a big one when you have time to think, 'When am I going to land!?'

Youre right.. Our other boat only has twin Volvo Penta DuoProp 5.0's and a 12.5kw generator..
                              What kind of boat is it? I live on the lake here in Iowa and last year gas was $5 a gallon on the lake.. no trailer so I had to pay it every weekend!!! Running a Sea Ray 290 SLX with twin 350 mercruiser.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');