• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray Wax vs. Liquid/Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Wax vs. Liquid/Paste Wax

I was wondering how is spray wax different than liquid or paste wax? I know how to apply them, but how can spray wax be faster than liquid wax?
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Re: Spray Wax vs. Liquid/Paste Wax

I like to have a spray bottle in my left hand and an applicator in my right. I spray an area then spread. It really goes quick. I can't wait for the new stuff that doesn't turn trim white, then I don't have to slow down for trim.

I think some others spray on the applicator rather than the panel but I find that takes as much time for me as normal waxing.
    Scott

Comment

So basically spray wax is just as good as regular liquid or paste wax it is just in a different form?
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
        So basically spray wax is just as good as regular liquid or paste wax it is just in a different form?
        I'm not an expert but I believe spray wax is 2nd to the main (liquid and paste) waxes. I think it's just a quicker way to apply wax more often but the liquid and paste apply a more thorough/protecting coat of wax. Once again I'm just learning too but that's the impression that I've gotten after reading around here.
        -HealthyCivic
        Check out the glossary

Comment

Typically I think of it as more of a booster wax. Problem is I never leave my wax on long enough to check durability. Hopefully someone else can answer that better for you.
          Scott

Comment

No, a spray wax is not as good.

It is a booster after washes that helps enhance a good coat of wax already on the surface.

Liquid/Paste waxes would be the good coat of wax.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Technical any 'quick' or 'spray' wax in the market (generally) should not have very good durabililty as they meant for quick job. Like been said, sometime call booster wax

Comment

I have not used a spray wax for some time now... IMO NXT 2.0 (Liquid or paste) is so quick and easy to use its its better to apply a traditional wax like NXT 2.0 vs. a 'booster wax' or spray wax. Just my $.02
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                  I have not used a spray wax for some time now... IMO NXT 2.0 (Liquid or paste) is so quick and easy to use its its better to apply a traditional wax like NXT 2.0 vs. a 'booster wax' or spray wax. Just my $.02
                  Very true for WOWO spray waxes. I never really understood them, its just as fast for me to apply the real deal.

Comment

A spray-on wax like our Ultimate Quik Wax is maintenance wax you can use to give your car that "Just Waxed Look" faster than you can apply a normal coat of wax. It does leave behind a protective coating as well as a dazzling shine but a normal coat of a normal liquid or paste wax is going to leave behind a more substantial protective coating.

Here's something I wrote on page 5 of this thread,

Ultimate Quik Wax - Page 5

Anyone that's read this forum for any length of time knows I really like Meguiar's Spray Waxes, in fact it was 2 things that led me to write two how-to articles on how to use these products. These two things are,

1) My personal preference for spray-on waxes
                    2) My understanding that some people don't understand how to properly apply a spray-on wax.

Here are the two articles mentioned above which are both in our How To Articles forum,

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax! - Written on Oct 19th, 2004, 07:29 PM
                    Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax - Written on Dec 21st, 2004, 03:17 PM

It was the second reason for the two above articles and that's because using a spray-on wax and getting good results, (that's 2 things by the way), is very technique oriented when the wax has to dry before you wipe it off and this meant applying a thin thin coating and that's usually where people made their mistakes. In a nutshell, most people would spray the wax onto the car and then try to spread it out and when using a dry cloth to spread the liquid wax out the dry cloth would tend to absorb the wax back off the car and this made it difficult to leave behind a uniform, thin film of wax.

With this new product, you don't have to leave behind a thin film to dry and if fact it works more like a quick detailer instead of one of our traditional spray-on waxes. In other words, like a quick detailer, you mist the wax on, spread it around and the turn you wiping cloth to a dry side and buff off the product to a hard, dry shine and move on to the next section until you gone all the way around the car.

Used correctly, this product is used on paint in EXCELLENT shape, this is not a product for paint that needs to be clayed, then have the swirls removed and then polished to a high gloss. Ultimate Wax, just like Quik Wax and NXT Spray Wax is for use on paint that is already in excellent shape to start with and thus it is a maintenance product that you can apply quickly and produce a deep, wet shine just as fast as you can apply a quick detailer and then wipe it off.

I was given a full size Lab Sample Bottle of Ultimate Quik Wax and it's almost empty from using it on my 1975 Jimmy as it works so well.

Excellent gloss, shine and slickness and it's fast because you use it like a quick detailer in that you don't have to cover the paint with a film that has to dry. This also makes it "Bubba-Proof".

If you already like spray waxes you're going to love this product. If you haven't liked spray-on waxes in the past, maybe give this product a try, it might just surprise you and become you new "Date Night" product of choice.

Love this product, together with Ultimate Quik Detailer it is now the Ultimate Twin Pack.

Don't leave home without them...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');