• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diminishing Abrasives and Super-Micro Abrasives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diminishing Abrasives and Super-Micro Abrasives

Can we get an updated list with all of the new products and old as to which use the Diminishing Abrasives and which use the Super Micro Abrasives?
    '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
    '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Re: Diminishing Abrasives and Super-Micro Abrasives

Just a guess here... All the new products plus M95, M105 and D151 are super micro?

I think I'm pretty close!

Some pretty cool stuff. It's a little bit different working with super micro's rather than the diminishing abrasives but I'm like it. Much more versatile products.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
      Just a guess here... All the new products plus M95, M105 and D151 are super micro?

I think I'm pretty close!

Some pretty cool stuff. It's a little bit different working with super micro's rather than the diminishing abrasives but I'm like it. Much more versatile products.
      They sure sound more versatile, can't wait to give something with the super micro a try!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        I think you are right, with one caveat: in a May 5th thread Mike Pennington explained that M95 is a blend of diminishing and super-micro abrasives (just saw this thread today).

The super-micro abrasives are coming on strong, aren't they? They appear to be the Meguiar's future. Technology advances!

Al
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Same question asked and answered yesterday:

Comment

Originally posted by Lexus Guy04 View Post
            Can we get an updated list with all of the new products and old as to which use the Diminishing Abrasives and which use the Super Micro Abrasives?
            Originally posted by akimel View Post
            I think you are right, with one caveat: in a May 5th thread Mike Pennington explained that M95 is a blend of diminishing and super-micro abrasives (just saw this thread today).
            Good memory and thank you for searching out and sharing this link, it can be kind of overwhelming to remember every detail about all Meguiar's products all the time...

Here's Mike's post on the subject quoted from the above thread..

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
            M86 (So1o - Cut & Polish Cream), D151 (Paint Reconditioning Cream) & M105 (Ultra-Cut Compound) would fall into the "super micro abrasive" bucket. Even though they all use a different version/style of the "super micro abrasive".

M95 (Speed Cut) is a really blend of "diminishing" & "super micro abrasive"

All other cleaners, compounds, cleaner/polishes and cleaner/waxes, in our automotive line, would fall into the diminishing abrasive bucket.

The important thing to remember is....If the product works and exceeds expectations, that is the most important factor. Please don't get hung up on the trees and miss the beauty of the forest.
            I'll be posting a thread on the relative order of aggressiveness for some products to day...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');