• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Detailer are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Detailer are you?

I was wondering how many of us detail as a full time job, part time job, on our free time, or your own and a few others for fun.
    Full Time
    5.19%
    Full Time - Mobile
    6.05%
    Part Time
    8.93%
    Part Time- Mobile
    7.78%
    For Fun
    8.93%
    Your Car Only
    17.00%
    Your Car and Few Others
    45.24%
    Other
    0.86%
    Last edited by Carfire; Nov 6, 2008, 09:06 PM.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Re: Detailing Job

I detail mine and a few others here and there. Don't think I could ever give up my full time job for detailing. Yes, I like my 'real' job that much.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Detailing Job

I picked my car and a few others but I also do it just for fun. I've never charged any money for detailing. Most times they will take me to lunch or something.

I think after I get a little better and feel comfortable using a rotary I would like to do it to earn so extra fun money.
      Scott

Comment

Re: What kind of Detailer are you?

I am teaching my children everything that I am learning so they can earn some coin to pay for stuff they want now and to have something to fall back on to help pay for school later. The daughter has earned some money within the club we belong to already.

Comment

I attend SDSU 2 days a week (12 units, hard classes this semester, 1 more to go) and I detail every chance I get (literally) on the days I don't have class. Lately, I've been detailing client's cars, trucks, SUVS, and even planes about 4-5 days a week.

It's exhausting, and I love it.

Comment

Basically it just the wife's, mine and the kids. Nothing major at all.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I detail mine, my wife's and intended to help some friends at low cost.
              1999 FIAT Marea Turbo
              Forged + GT2871R

Running for 400whp
              ....from BRAZIL

Comment

I detail part time or when there is a need to. I've had people call me up in the middle of the week asking for a detail because they're having a photoshoot or a car show and that becomes a must be done type of job. Otherwise I typically detail on the weekends and it's usually 1 car a day since I do more paint corrections. I'm not mobile but I can go to customers homes and there I use their faucet and an electrical outlet. I have a website as well if anyone wants to check it out. Should be in my profile. If anyone knows where I can have T-shirts made that would be great.
                Last edited by Hemin8r; Nov 7, 2008, 10:44 AM.
                Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Mine and a few others....rarely for money.

Comment

Mine and my family's rides. Sometimes I'll do a neighbors car or something either because they ask or the fact that its a BMW M5 thats being "abused" and I just cant stand looking out my window and seeing it sitting there all dirty and such.

Comment

I voted part time. I have a full time job and I also go to school part time, so my time is very limited. I really love detailing, and I will usually find a way to make time when someone needs a car done. I'd say I do 2-3 cars a month right now.
                      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Full blown feed'n my baby momma paying the bills sweat'n in the trenches detailer.
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I have a full time job and I'm in my last semester of school so I usually detail cars on weekend when someone needs a car done. Basically I do a car per day since what I do is paint correction, never "washed" someones car without doing some work to the paint or interior

Comment

What kind of Detailer are you?

Not very good at all, I'm afraid ...
                            Last edited by akimel; Nov 13, 2008, 10:34 AM.
                            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                            --Al Kimel

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');