• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Detailer are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of Detailer are you?

I do my family cars and do a lot of other cars in the neighbor hood. I choose for fun because it was the best option. I do some full details with paint correction but a lot of just basic washes and some claying and waxing. Really what ever the person wants, I'll do and charge accordingly. I'm good friends with a lot of my customers so they know to just ask for what ever they want and I'll suggest some other things in addition.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I'm not a slow detailer and I'm not a fast detailer so I guess you could say I'm a halffast detailer.
      Black Bart

Comment

I used to run a fairly nice side business (J.R.'s AutoPorter). I'd do 2-3 cars a week mostly on weekends but occasionally I'd pick up an evening detail. I did this for about 46 years. It was fun and bought me lots of toys. I retired the business two years ago and now only do my own and family member's cars. I had a great group of regular customers, mostly well-to-do white collar types with newer vehicles, a few classics and custom rides. I miss it but it was getting to be too much for me. Good to be retired.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

It's not just a living...it's a way of LIFE!

I am definitely Car Crazy! (plane and bike crazy too)
          Last edited by Renny Doyle; Nov 14, 2008, 09:16 AM.
          Renny Doyle
          Attention To Details
          "Detailers of Air Force One"
          www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

I do it for fun. I just charge a little so I can keep replenishing all the things I use. But most people don't mind, in fact they will give me more than I ask as kind of a donation except for the couple times I did it at church at their car wash fundraiser.
            i.m. skeptical... of everything.

Comment

I have a fulltime job, so I detail on the weekends. It started out as a hobby on just mine, then came friends, then neighbors, and it's growing from there. My problem is I don't really have enough time, but I do enjoy it even though it is hard work, it provides that feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction when your finished to stand back and admire your work and it adds a little spending money...

Comment

Just my car, but sometimes we get togethers with friends to details ours cars at same time

Comment

Started doing wife's and my car for fun/hobby several years ago. Will probably start doing some other family member's cars for fun, as well (gives me an excuse to play with the new G110 more often...).
                  2013 Highlander - black
                  2010 TL - black

Comment

I've done mine and family + friends car for years - and as word got around I decided to start my own business only been going since aug this year but got a unit now and business is so good I go full time from monday
                    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/o...b029d544_1.gifhttp://www.auto-etc.com

http://www.auto-etc.com/

Comment

Have A Fulltime Job and Have weekend only Detail Business. Pays for a lot of extras at least until the economy went south. It started out as a maintaining mine and my brothers cars and took off from there.

Comment

I am a fulltime student and will detail anyones car who is brave enough to let me touch it.
                        '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
                        '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
                        Attention to detail is the key to success
                        Steve

Comment

My car and my wife's. For Christmas, I created a coupon good for a detail, and give it to my kids and a few close friends. They say it's the best gift they get!

Comment

I am full time 15 yr Correctional Deputy, 3 @ 50 hard to give up. I like to detail my cars and have done a couple of friends cars for cheap (basically pay for time, replenish stuff) and have a detail coming up soon as the back heals up.
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

In August of 2007 I quit my full-time IT job of over 8 years to do mobile detailing. Now, plans are in the works to move into a building (fixed location) in the first quarter of 2009.
                              -Mike

Comment

My bro is 2-3 days in house and 3 days mobile by appointment only.
                                He got himself an RV so the distance he will go is only limited by the size of the job(s). At the moment he services between Ottawa and Montreal as we are located between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');