• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Cleaner?

I have read some threads that have some great info in them
    I have a question regarding paint cleaner.
    I have read that clay bar removes contaminants that are ABOVE the surface.
    Paint cleaner removes contaminants BELOW the surface.

To my understanding, paint cleaner works like a polish (removing very small portion of paint on top).
    Therefore, after washing + clay bar, may we skip the paint cleaner step and do the polishing step (with a pure polish) and proceed to the wax step?
    I noticed that after paint cleaner step, the pure polish step is listed as optional.
    Would I be damaging my paint and finish if I polish without cleaning using paint cleaner?
    mujjuman

Re: Paint Cleaner?

You do not need to use a Paint Cleaner, there is no harm is going from Clay straight to polish and/or wax. If you do use a cleaner you will take your final look to that ''next level'. Hope that helps!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yes it does help! Thank you!
      mujjuman

Comment

Hi, Mujjuman. As I understand it, the difference between a paint cleaner like DC1 and a pure polish (e.g., DC2 or M07) is that the latter does not remove paint, oxidation, or below-surface contaminants; a pure polish does not effect any paint correction and does not prepare the surface for more effective bonding with the wax that will be subsequently applied. A pure polish is applied purely for aesthetic reasons.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');