• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use on Carbon fiber, real and fake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use on Carbon fiber, real and fake ?

ive got some carbon fiber , fake sticker type stuff and some real stuff , that needs to be treated, the coating is fading bad.
    some is inside the car on dash the other is the pillar area outside a skyline.
    tried some of the trim detailer , but smears and looks bad.
    is there anything to use on it ?

and on carbon fiber hood and trunks, or do you just do it like a boat hull?
    just wondering cause it streaks bad

thanks , i know im full of questions lately..lol

Re: What to use on Carbon fiber, real and fake ?

On the forum homepage in the right hand column there is a box titled,

Popular Tags

Sometimes you can find information on a hot or popular topic by looking for keywords in this box, for example the word carbon fiber are in this box and if you click on the words it will take you here,

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/tags.php?tag=Carbon+Fiber
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

looked the carbon fiber links in forum mike they didn't answer the question sorry, I'm not sure what to use on the inside carbon fiber film, similar to window tint but harder, it actually chips off to reveal the original plastic part but looks to be applied like a film? maybe about the same thickness as a piece of premium photo paper?
      when i applied anything but water to them it looks smeared or hazy? there not oxidized just a tiny bit faded looking. I can try to take some photos later today if you like?
      and the other pieces I'm not 100% sure there real fiber or not, going to try to check more, when i feel the side it feels like 1 thin sheet of fiber with gel coating on it ? in which case the 105 should do the trick but before i try that on a car you cant find parts for here, late 2000 R34 is rare in OZ still most are older ones without the fiber panels. but if i use 105 on a part thats only a plastic type film it will kill it wont it? even by hand ?
      Last edited by grafxworld; Nov 11, 2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grafxworld View Post
        looked the carbon fiber links in forum mike they didn't answer the question sorry,

I'm not sure what to use on the inside carbon fiber film, similar to window tint but harder, it actually chips off to reveal the original plastic part but looks to be applied like a film?
        Have you contacted the manufacture and asked them for their recommendation?

That would probably be the best first step to take. We don't actually make any specific products for treating tinted window film or carbon fiber films.

A picture of what you're working on would help and a link to a website for the company that makes the product would also give anyone reading this thread something to investigate further to try to help.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');