• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The secret to applying Ultimate Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The secret to applying Ultimate Quik Wax

Apply to clean vehicle
    First you need to start with a clean car, you can either wash and dry the car or wipe the car clean using a mist and wipe product like Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Use a dampened microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad
    Next you mist Ultimate Quik Wax onto the surface and spread the product around using a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways, or a clean wax applicator pad and here's the secret, before starting first dampen your microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad with Ultimate Quik Wax.

Apply to entire vehicle
    Start at one section of the vehicle and continue applying Ultimate Quik Wax using your dampened applicator pad or dampened microfiber polishing cloth until the entire car is covered with a thin coating of wax.

Allow the thin coating of Ultimate Quik Wax to flash dry.
    In normal temperatures and humidity, Ultimate Quik Wax will dry in just a few moments and will be ready to wipe off.

Follow your path of travel
    Wipe off the dried wax by starting where you first applied the product and then follow your path of travel gently and carefully wiping the dried residue off the paint. Use a separate, clean dry microfiber polishing cloth folded 4 ways to remove the dried film of wax. Using a microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways provides a thick plush wiping cloth that helps to spread the pressure of your hand out over the surface of the cloth and gives you 8 sides to wipe with.

The secret explained
    The reason a dampened cloth or applicator pad works best is because it's easier to spread out a thin liquid film if your applicator cloth is already wet or damp with the product you're trying to spread out.

If you use a dry cloth to try to spread out a thin, liquid film then at the same time you're trying to spread the product onto the surface the dry cloth is trying to remove or absorb the product off the paint.

Because a dry cloth absorbs liquids, trying to use a dry cloth to spread a liquid will in essence result in you fighting yourself in the process of trying to spread and leave a liquid on the paint.

That's the secret or the correct technique for making it easy to apply a thin coating of a spray-on wax.

Make sense?

We hope this clarifies how to properly use Ultimate Quik Wax.

G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: The secret to applying Ultimate Quik Wax

Priming the pad eh?

Makes perfect sense, can't wait to try it, never used a spray wax before.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Nice tip!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

huh... you learn something new every day. I have never cared for a spray wax but I will have to give it a try with this method, maybe thats part of the problem for me? --- well that is if this tip applies to all spray waxes?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Apply to clean vehicle
            First you need to start with a clean car, you can either wash and dry the car or wipe the car clean using a mist and wipe product like Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Detailer.
            So can you use this while drying?
            Last edited by Jeepster04; Dec 12, 2008, 10:12 AM.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
              well that is if this tip applies to all spray waxes?
              Yes as explained here,

Right under this picture...

The reason this method works is because once you have dampened one side with wax, you now have a wax-moistened surface that spreads and applies wax like the foam applicator pad. If you try to continually switch to a new, dry side, the cloth will tend to adsorb your product while your trying to spread it out and thus you will feel like you're fighting yourself while trying to spread the product out.
              Here's another way of saying the above,

The reason trying to apply and spread-out a spray-on wax with a dry cloth doesn't work is because at the same time you're trying to spread-out the product, the dry cloth is trying to absorb the product off the paint, in essence you're fighting yourself.

By using a cloth or applicator pad of some type of material that is pre-dampened with the same product, then because the applicator is already pre-dampened or wet with the product, it won't be trying to absorb the product you're trying to spread-out off the surface as you're trying to spread it out.

Make sense?

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
              So can you use this while drying?
              Another way of stating that question so that everyone understands would be to say,
              Can you use this on a wet car?

As in,

Can you spray this on a wet car and then wipe both it and the water off at the same time?

I have not seen the application directions for this product yet but in most cases applying a wax to a wet car is not the optimum way to use this type of product or to get best results. Best results will be achieved if you apply this product to a clean, dry finish.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

where can i buy one of these ultimate quik wax? I went to walmart and all they had was quik detail

Comment

UQW isn't available at stores or online yet. It is a new 2009 product. Check out this link for more information.

Mike
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I understand the process described on this thread for applying the Ultimate Quik Wax using a damp cloth.

My question is, do you do the Mr. Miyagi circular wipes when spreading the wax or do I wipe and spread the wax in one direction? Does it matter?

The picture above (the lady with the black car) is spreading the liquid using the "circular" motion. I was thinking of spreading the liquid by starting from the front and then to the back (in small sections of course).
                    I've always wondered if I could walk on those things...nah never mind.

Comment

I use it like a mist and wipe product.
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

As do I, it is super easy.
                        2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                        2005 Honda CRF250R
                        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Of related interest: How do YOU apply Ultimate Quik Wax?
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Apply to entire vehicle
                            Start at one section of the vehicle and continue applying Ultimate Quik Wax using your dampened applicator pad or dampened microfiber polishing cloth until the entire car is covered with a thin coating of wax.

Allow the thin coating of Ultimate Quik Wax to flash dry.
                            In normal temperatures and humidity, Ultimate Quik Wax will dry in just a few moments and will be ready to wipe off.
                            Well, I've used UQW today for the first time and found that there is no way I could allow it to dry (and, in fact, it dried in no time) on the surface as it left nasty streaks which were quite a pain to remove. The method which worked best for me was to apply the product to one panel at a time using a damp applicator pad and then immediately wipe it off using a microfiber towel. After figuring that out, I can admit that UQW is a great product both in terms of ease of use and the result it gives.

Comment

I'm also with R0N1N, there is no way you can apply the product in the entire car before starting to wipe out. The product will "flash dry" as Mike also stated.
                              Also, I have a newbie question: is this a replacement for a regular paste/liquid wax application? Or is just a "in-between" waxes thing? I mean, is usually recommended to wax your car at least every 2 months, so how often could I safely use the UQW ? Once a month? after every car wash?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');