• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did the 4-Step Paint Care Cycle become the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did the 4-Step Paint Care Cycle become the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle?

Meguiar's Trivia Question?

When did the 4-Step Paint Care Cycle become the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: When did the 4-Step Paint Care Cycle become the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle?

When Richard Nixon was elected President?
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Hmmm

I would imagine with the introduction of the clay bar.....????
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

When did QD come out? Late 70's, early 80's?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
          Hmmm

I would imagine with the introduction of the clay bar.....????

Aaron I think you are on the right track!

Andy
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            When did QD come out? Late 70's, early 80's?

You're on the right track and the answer has been posted to the forum... but when Quik Detailer was first introduced it wasn't called Quik Detailer.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              You're on the right track and the answer has been posted to the forum... but when Quik Detailer was first introduced it wasn't called Quik Detailer.

Trigger Wash

Comment

Trigger Wash
                It is Trigger Wash and it was the early 1980's. I just can't seem to find and exact year yet.

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Trigger Wash
                  Ding ding ding ding....

Correct

Trigger Wash was introduced in 1981, before it was introduced long time Meguiar's employee Dick Koeth tells me that Barry was educating people about the 4-Step Paint Care Cycle. After it was introduced a new category of products was introduced to retail marketing and a new step was created called Step 5 Maintaining.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Groovy.....

Good call Murr

I figured it was the clay bar.....

Good history lesson

Comment

Ahhhhh......I remember the '80's!

Andy
                      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Ugh, so do I

Class of '87

Comment

Ugh, so do I

Class of '87
                          Class of '85 here!!!!
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I seem to remember going to a hardware store when someone asked about good waxes back then and I think I remember a blue can of M16.....

I think my step mom bought rain dance though..... If only MOL was around then for my Commodore 64.....

Comment

I distinctly remember simonize and turtle wax being around my house. For guess what? A big old Impala.....Man I wish I still had that car.

Andy
                              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');