• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Paint will it get harder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Paint will it get harder?

I had an incident with my MINI and had to get the roof reprayed jet black. They pulled the sunroof and did a good job, but I guess from the install of the sunroof there were a lot of scratches on the black , too much for me to handle looking at. I called to complain they offered to polish it out once and said it would look the same after I washed it a couple times. They don't know me very well. I knew I would do a more thorough job, so opted to polish it myself. My test spot was my go to m80 w8006 pad on the pc. The scratches came out easy but I got serious micromarring. I ended up using a friends white lc pad and Prima swirl and it worked well. I've picked up some m82 for next time. I haven't touched it since and just driving is causing scratches. Long question short is will this clear coat harden up still or am I just stuck with sensitive paint now?

Re: Fresh Paint will it get harder?

How old is it now?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

There's a zillion variables a painter can effect as to how hard a paint will get and how fast or how slow it will get to it's maximum hardness.

If it's over a couple of weeks old it's probably 90% at full hardness if not more...

After 30 days unless something went wrong it should be at 99% full hardness...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by mini44 View Post

My test spot was my go to m80 w8006 pad on the pc. The scratches came out easy but I got serious micromarring.
        That's a problem with M80 usually on soft paints, luckily M205 and SwirlX will take care of this problem when they get out onto the market.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          How old is it now?

3-4 weeks now , I polished it at one week

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            That's a problem with M80 usually on soft paints, luckily M205 and SwirlX will take care of this problem when they get out onto the market.

Looking forward to trying it. I've got a gallon of 80 to use up

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');