• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickups Limited - Pictures & Comments - November 15th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups Limited - Pictures & Comments - November 15th, 2008

Pickups Limited - Pictures & Comments
    Meguiar's Detailing 101
    Saturday November 15th, 2008

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Pickups Limited - Pictures & Comments - November 15th, 2008

Thank you to everyone that attended this last class for 2008, it was a fun class with a good cross-section of car crazy enthusiasts from a couple different clubs.

Thanks to Rich for letting us demo our new product on his awesome black beauty!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Looks like an awesome class!! I really like the vintage trucks. I wish we had Meguiars Classes in the Midwest.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Those trucks are fantastic. I love the way they look. Bet it was a great class.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Had a great time. Mike did an excellent job!!!!

Pickups Limited will be back for the advance class.

Comment

Awesome! I really like those trucks.
            It'd be great if theres more pics

Thanks for the share Mike.
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

More pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/edsf100/...assNov15th2008#

Comment

As always, Mike did an AWESOME job. The fact that Meguiar's pays for this training, pays for the pizza, pays for the drinks, pays for the donuts, pays for the products, and more and even goes as far as giving us certificates all for free is quite amazing. I've never seen anything like it. And then besides all of that, Mike Phillips himself does an outstanding job. You can tell that his passion is not only car care but teaching and helping others. I honestly don't think it's possible to get anyone better for this than Phillips. I mean this guy drives this huge drive to get to Meguiar's and teach a room full of people he doesn't even know. On top of that, he puts his heart into it and does a great job. There are tons of instructors who I have to pay and live down the street from work who will never even be able to touch the effort that Phillips puts into his work. I've been around forums a long time and I rarely see anyone with 25,000 posts. And I've never seen anyone with 25,000 GOOD posts like Phillips'.

I think Meguiar's is the first company I've dealt with where every single experience has been not just good but far above and beyond what I've expected. Much of this comes from Phillips himself. I hope Mike and Meguiar's give themselves a pat on the back and thanks for all the great knowledge.
                Last edited by HealthyCivic; Nov 17, 2008, 02:16 PM.
                -HealthyCivic
                Check out the glossary

Comment

Healthy Civic reply to this detailing class is right on...the education part of the class is top notch step by step ...For any forum members who have not attended 1 of these classes,trust me take the time and go ...There is coffee and donuts lunch there is pizza and soda what more can you ask...even some products...Mike thanks for the awesome class on saturday....i enjoyed it....Keep up the good work

Comment

This was the second time I had taken the class and it was better than the first, and it was not just the fact that we had a bunch of F-100's there. The little tricks and tips that Mike gives during these sessions are worth their weight in gold...(Gold Class that is).

The products just keep getting better and better. I can't wait for the new easy to use products to get here which probably means that I need to use up what I have first. It seems like Meguiar's is getting closer to that magic bottle that has the polishing Gennie in it that Mike was talking about.

Thanks again Mike for your dedication to our hobby and a big thanks to Meguiar's for feeding all of us Car Crazy guys with great products and information on how to use them.

Comment

I was not big on taking care of my paint but after taking this class, I went home and looked at my truck different. I wish my truck had a fresh paint job so I could use all things I learned but with the paint I have, I will make it look a lot better. I would really like to thank Meguiar's for these classes and Mike for his passion and dedication, he made my first experience with car care one that I will remember and pass on to my kids. Thanks again Meguiar's

Comment

Here's a few more shots of some of the fine trucks at our class and also a Bugeye Sprite... there was also a classic Pontiac Firebird but it left before we got shot of it...

If you look closely you'll see the Firebird behind this silver F150

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike -- Thanks for a fun experience - and a learning one - I have used a lot of Meguiars products in the past and (as you point out) I use them because I like them. I did not realize there were so many Meguiars products on the market and your help in understanding what they accomplish really impressed me. I will be using the new stuff when it comes out - I am sure. And all the hints and tricks of the trade in application were very much appreciated. I will never be a "detailer" by trade -- but you have helped me understand the whys and wherefores of the process. Thanks again. - Bob

Comment

A few more shots from Saturday's class...

First, here's why we have everyone that wants to attend our classes register with the forum and reply to a sign-up thread is so that they,

1) Know where the forum is and how to interact on it.

2) As the picture below shows, while going through the Power Point Presentation we do our best to show you where the information we cover is on the forum so when you leave the class and possibly forget anything you learned, you'll know where to find it on the forum and if need be you'll know how to start a thread and ask a question.

Showing where to find information on our forum

After the classroom portion is finished we go out into the Training Garage and put the "Head Knowledge" we learned in the classroom into practice during the "Hands-On" portion.

Kneading clay into a small pancake size patty.

Your clay patty should be about 4" or so in diameter so that it fits across your four hands.

Then use Quick Detailer as a lubricant and rub the clay over the paint to remove above surface bonded contaminants.

Anyone that has never clayed before is encouraged to try their hand at it...

This was a great class and everyone was there to learn!

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

By the way Mike, how was your trip home? Since you were not too familar with alternate routes and the 91 Freeway was closed, I had given you an alternate of going up the 57 Freeway only to find out later that it may have been closed because of the fires. You probably should have just spent the night at the office looking over that new lift kit you picked up.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');