• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you getting e-mail notifications? - Let us know!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you getting e-mail notifications? - Let us know!

Are you getting e-mail notifications?

We need to find out how many people are having problems getting e-mail notifications from our forum. If you are not getting e-mail notifications from our forum then please chime in on this thread and let us know.

If you know of any forum members not getting e-mail notifications from our forum the send them the link to this thread so they can add their voice to the thread.

We need to find out if this is a problem and if it is, then to what extent it is a problem and to do that we need member's feedback.

Thanks,

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Are you getting e-mail notifications? - Let us know!

What type email notifications do you mean Mike? I'm relatively new, and I only get emails if I'm left a PM. Is that what you mean?
    -Freeman

Comment

First read through this thread and then go to your User Control Panel and check your settings.

Basically, when you register as you fill out the registration form there's a number of different options you can choose from for being notified via an e-mail from the forum anytime a thread you start or a thread you post to is updated with a new reply.

Some people don't appear to be getting these notifications. The first thing to do is to check your settings and if you did NOT check the option for "Instant Notification" or one of the other options for notification and you want to be notified, then simply change your option and save your change.

The thread I linked to above has "Pictures" to show you how to do this on your own.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigLouie View Post
        What type email notifications do you mean Mike? I'm relatively new, and I only get emails if I'm left a PM. Is that what you mean?
        I just checked your setting and here they are, you chose "NOT" to subscribe to threads you post or reply to so you shouldn't get any e-mail notifications.

Automatic Thread Subscription Mode

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I don't subscribe to threads, but I don't see the option to choose to do so.....
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Alright, from my searching these are the names I came up with as to who isn't getting e-mail notifications. I will e-mail them and ask them to reply to this thread.

People not getting e-mails from Not Getting E-Mails
            Rusty Bumper
            Ryan L. - Replied
            jfelbab - Replied

People not getting e-mails from Still no e-mail notifications...
            ZoranC
            rqk

People not getting e-mails from Not getting E-Mail Notifications...
            According to this June 6th was after server moving. Problem first starts.

Ryan

PS. Mike I never got that e-mail sent to my @aim.com account. What really makes this interesting is that I am at school so it is going through entirely different firewalls/spam filters etc than at my house. But my friend can get his MOL notifications on the same exact computer, meaning that the e-mails are coming through the servers and firewalls no problem.

Last edited by Ryan L.; Nov 18, 2008, 02:24 PM.
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Not getting emails either.

Comment

I see that I'm subscribed to the threads I post in and have gone through and re-checked my CP settings. I should be getting instant notification according to these settings and I get none. I even went as far as to change my email address and email vendor all to no avail. I currently am using an email address at Time Warner (RoadRunner). So that would mean two different mail servers that it doesn't function on (AT&T and Roadrunner). I need to go through all the new threads to see if there are any new posts to the threads I've posted in. While I enjoy reading the threads it is often inconvenient to function in this mode.

FWIW, I'm active in a half a dozen different on-line forums where this notification process works fine so I don't think it is an issue on my computer but I'm open to try any suggestions.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

Have not received any emails, even after subscribing to threads in the past.
                  '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
                  '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

I actually just got the email

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                      I don't see the option to choose to do so.....
                      Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

The thread I linked to above has "Pictures" to show you how to do this on your own.
                      I forgot to mention the thread linked also shows you how to subscribe to at thread.

You can subscribe only to specific threads by clicking on the Thread Tools Button and from the drop down list selecting "Subscribe to this thread"

That way, you only get e-mail notifications for specific threads.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I have never received emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          I forgot to mention the thread linked also shows you how to subscribe to at thread.....
                          Roger that!
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Any update on this issue of failure of notifications?

Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
                            Jim
                            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
                              Any update on this issue of failure of notifications?

This thread has been up since November 18th and so far there's only a few people that have replied to it stating they are not getting their e-mails?

Ross has tested our system multiple ways and multiple times and verified it's sending out e-mails so I'm not sure what else we can do on our side?

Also, this thread just isn't what you would call a runaway hot thread? As in hundreds of members finally getting a chance to voice their lack of notification?

Maybe if everyone reading this could send their forum buddies a PM or E-mail asking them to chime in if they're not getting e-mail notifications it will grow and become a bigger blip on the radar screen?

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');