• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a wax? Or a paint sealant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it a wax? Or a paint sealant?

So I just applied the second coat of NXT 2.0 and was going to apply M26 tomorrow, but since there no "layering" I am going to ruim the NXT 2.0 that is on my paint, right? Better leave it like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluher View Post
      So I just applied the second coat of NXT 2.0 and was going to apply M26 tomorrow, but since there no "layering" I am going to ruinm the NXT 2.0 that is on my paint, right? Better leave it like that?
      Very good question, no fixed answer. There is no additive layering, and there is *probably* some NXT2 removed and some #26 added. As far as I know, nobody knows what is the resulting composition (50/50? 80/20? 10/90?).

I *believe* that some NXT2 remains bonded to the paint, and that a *little* is removed and replaced with #26. My *guess* is that you end up with something like 60% NXT2 and 40% #26, but no one really knows.

There are lots of us on this forum who do this identical combination (or something similar like NXT+CG).
      2010 XRS

Comment

Well, I am going to try and have a little faith!

Hey searle! That car of yours is a Corolla XRS, right? Do you have pictures of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluher View Post
          Well, I am going to try and have a little faith!

Hey searle! That car of yours is a Corolla XRS, right? Do you have pictures of it?
          I really like the way yours turned out. Very good job!

In summer 1995 I bought a 96-SS Camaro new (my first ever brand new car), and maintained it with Mequiars (primarily with cleaner, #07 glaze, #26 Carnuba) throughout the 15 years I owned it. Sold it a few months ago and bought the XRS. The SS had over 300,000km (including hard race-track miles every summer and/or autocross many weekends), but on the weekend that I sold it I still had 2 different people come up and tell me how great it looked, said they thought it was new.

I ordered the XRS, and the day it arrived at dealers I picked it up, washed it, clayed, light-SwirlX, glaze, NXT2, #26 - just to start its life "correctly".

2010 XRS

Comment

Great cars! I love red sport cars! and wow, 15 years... 300km... and still looking as if it was brand new! xD That is a machine to be proud of when driving on the streets!

Toyota does not sell Corolla XRS here, actually it's hard to have any sport car to be selling here in Brazil. I wanted to buy a red Civic Si but since I had no money I got the standard one, but this year Chevrolet is bringing the new Camaro to Brazil and I hope honda's 9th generation Civic Si also gets here.

I am planning on getting one of them and it's going to be read! xD

Comment

Would you all include Meguiars Paint Protect in this category now?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');