• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pad purchasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pad purchasing

i cant decide on which pads to buy and where from, for a goood price

i have seen ofcourse meguiars and i figure the 8006 and 9006 are what i need for how i plan to detail my cars ( gold class wash, dry, clay, nxt wax applied via the pad, and removed with microfiber)

how does meguiars compare with sonus, and uds, etc

and where is a great place to buy for a great price

also, are all backing pads the same, i have a 7336PC
    1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue
    1998 S500 Brilliant Silver
    2001 S500 Almadine Black
    2005 C320wz Granite Grey

Re: pad purchasing

A great place for pad deals is ADS.

I really like Meguiar's pads. I also use some 5" & 4" Lake Country. The smaller ones come in handy sometimes but the foam doesn't compare to Meguiar's. I get my 5" ones here.
    Scott

Comment

so if i am using only nxt1.0 and 2.0 im wondering if i should just get the 9006 vs the 8006,

should a pad be used to remove wax? ( with a microfiber bonnet?)

thanks
      1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue
      1998 S500 Brilliant Silver
      2001 S500 Almadine Black
      2005 C320wz Granite Grey

Comment

Originally posted by vdubpower View Post
        so if i am using only nxt1.0 and 2.0 im wondering if i should just get the 9006 vs the 8006,

should a pad be used to remove wax? ( with a microfiber bonnet?)

thanks
        9006 pads are finishing pads and would be a great choice for appling wax/sealant to your cars finish. If you want to use the pc/g-100/g-110 for wax/sealant removal use a 7006 pad wrapped with a microfiber bonnet on speed 5 to remove. Also apply you wax/sealant on speed 3 as you are only speading out an even coat of product and not removing defects.

Andrew
        2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');