• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#80/NXT 2.0 combo dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #80/NXT 2.0 combo dangerous

This past weekend I did my wife's 1996 white Saturn SC1. On the first day, I washed it, threw some glaze on, then put a WOWA protectant on it. It looked nice and shiny, but I could see swirls and watermarks on it still. It bugged me to no end when I was done, even when I went outside later that night to admire my work under the streetlights. I did a lazyman's job on it and was suffering the consequences.
    So the next day, I stripped off everything I had done previously. I rewashed it, and used an IPA rubdown. I then used M80 with a polishing pad on a rotary, and slowly worked out swirls and scratches. I then switched to a lighter polishing pad and finessed the paint, using 3M Ultrafina SE (because I can't obtain 205 yet). By then the car was so glossy, I was temporary blinded by the sun's reflection off the white finish as I was searching for swirls to fix. I finished with a thin coat of NXT 2.0 liquid.
    Everytime I then tried to enjoy the sight of the car, the sun's brilliance bounced off the car and temporarily blinded me. I had to stop admiring it or I'd go blind.
    My wife called me at work the next day. She said after shopping at Walmart, the car was hard to miss in the parking lot because it was lit up like a torch. She approached the car to load the groceries and was temporarily blinded by the sun's reflection off the car.
    So be careful! That combination of #80/Nxt 2.0 may cause blindness! There should be a warning on the bottles!
    Sorry no pix. Waiting for a camera that works.
    Heatgain (Gary)
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Re: #80/NXT 2.0 combo dangerous

Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

no pics? how dare you tease us like that....

Comment

Great story. But
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Great story. But

They too would probably be too dangerous to look at ...
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

^
            Forever New
            Mobile Detailing
            Jacksonville, FL

Comment

I rushed in to see if anyone would say anything bad about M80

Thanks for sharing

Comment

What a tease....
                Lol glad it turned out well and even impressed the wife

Comment

I think no pic is because the camera was blinded by the sun's reflection

Comment

This is the same combo I use on a very deep dark blue and polish metal metallic car and love it. I apply by DA. I need to order some 83 and try it out!!!

Great job and if you get a chance put some pics on!!!
                    Removing stress & swirls one car at a time!

Comment

#80 and the original NXT was all I used in my first year of detailing. Man the finishes were wet and deep and the customers loved the looks. Sometimes I wonder why I tried other items. Just dumb I guess.
                      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');