• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    The deep, rich wet-look...

Mike
    *bump* for an awesome makover as these pictures speak for themselves!

Comment

Mike, I like that saying, "Each One, teach one". I don't think I have ever heard that before and wish I had!
      Rangerpowersports.com
      Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
        Mike, I like that saying, "Each One, teach one". I don't think I have ever heard that before and wish I had!
        I got from a member for the original www.showcargarage.com forum, I can't remember their forum name, maybe Tim can? He used it in his signature line. After reading in numerous times, it stuck in my mind and plain and simple... made good sense, especially when it comes to the detailing cars in general and the art of polishing paint as a little techniques goes a long ways...

But after reading
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So true about technique. Another saying I use all the time is:
          "A tool is only as smart as the person using it"
          The saying isn't intended to be negative of people, but instead its more describing the need for proper technique and such.
          Rangerpowersports.com
          Ranger72

Comment

Where have I been... old post but I missed it!?!? Great post, very nice work and great information!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
              Do ferrari's have a really soft clearcoat? Or are they still single stage? Just curious after mike mentioned about how ferrari paint can be well, cautious minded.
              I detail a 1996 348 Spider about twice a year and it has a relatively soft single stage paint job. #80 is more than adequate for most light to moderate defects.

Turns out really nice.

One polishing step on the right side:

Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Wow!

That is totally awesome work Scott!
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Wow!

That is totally awesome work Scott!
                  Thanks, awesome car to work on. Been taking care of it since he bought it in '96. His daily driver is an '04 Vette. Rough, eh?

Comment

If its not his daily driver how did it get those swirls ??
                    does this guy buff his car with a wool buffing pad without any product lol

great job Scottwax
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                      If its not his daily driver how did it get those swirls ??
                      does this guy buff his car with a wool buffing pad without any product lol

great job Scottwax
                      Dealer detailed it last time he took it in for service. He called me a few months later to redo what they did. He used to drive it pretty regularly but decided to stop piling up the miles.

Comment

Re: Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

***Bump***
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike as usual excellant work. I agree with "each one teach one". I'm still learning the finer points of detailing, But with the knowledge you shared with us in the Tampa class last year, the great advice that this forum provides us , the learning curve is getting higher. lol Great work on the car and continue "each one teach one". Thanks again.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I love this thread. Ferrari is my favorite car.

Comment

Still bumping and old thread! Mike, you need to come to Sunny Southwest Florida and give a class, even though I'm not a pro , would love to learn from the Master!

Comment

I'm working today to remove some really light scratches from my 08' F350. In review of this thread, I thought the results on this Ferrari are worth another look by everyone. It is truely amazing what Meguiar's products can do. It is even more amazing that they can continue to get even better.

Thanks to everyone, this thread and others, for posting your experiences. The reason we are all here is to learn to make our vehicles look their best. We truely grow from each others experiences and comments. Thanks to you too Mike (Administrator) for pointing me the right directions that support my needs. You're a champ!

Thanks,

Brad Mower
                                SLC, Utah
                                Brad Mower
                                SLC, UT

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');