• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This maybe way out there but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This maybe way out there but......

How about developing a pad for the PC that would create enough heat to do more serious correction. I mean I love to use my rotary, but wouldn't it be nice if you could just change a pad on the PC and DACP would break down almost like it does with a rotary. This would give those who are not trained to use a rotary a chance to accomplish more complete removal of serious defects.

Obviosly this would take away from some of the "bubba" proof qualities of the PC, but Meguiars could always market it in the professional line.

Is this even possible?

I believe the pads they have are great and there are a few other companies that make a little more severe/aggressive pad however if you need to remove that amount of damage from a finish 2000 grit sandpaper and some water work great. Just realize that meguairs the company rides a fine line when it comes to this aspect. You are stepping out of detailing and into paint repair and that line is best kept at the body shop level... You see everyone wants to drive a oustanding car I mean why do we sell old cars and buy new. I know they break down and maintence is a problem at times however I have had many customers come to my shop and say I need you to clean this car I am trading it in tomorrow. I love to hear a customer say that ...When they come back they immediatley dropp their jaw and Oh My God and what they mean is Oh My Detailer ... Then they ask how to keep this appearence up.. So we moved from a piece of junk to a love for something that they once had .... Any way look at sanding and learn it .You might realize with the right PC and pad after sanding you can enjoy your car longer...
    Bill Orlando

Comment

I have no problem sanding or using a rotary. I just thought that it might be nice for the PC to have a little more bite. I don't like to use a cutiing pad with a PC, if it calls for more than that I use the rotary.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');