• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 pathfinder RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 pathfinder RV

hey folks ,
    new to the site,I'm a boat mechanic /diver and I need some info,how do you winterize an RV? same as a boat?Also does anyone know where I can get diagrams on system for this camper?or is it like the dealer told me that none are available.Wanna get in on the RV work this tear need all the advise I can get .Thanks. Oh Yeah,happy thanksgiving

Re: 87 pathfinder RV

Hello and welcome to mol. I am sure some one else will be able to answer your questions better then me.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Re: 87 pathfinder RV

Kinda late for doing this but its pretty much the same as a boat besides not needing to worry about the engines and genset(unless it has a generator).

Weve got a small pop-up camper that doesnt have a head so Im not 100% sure how you would handle that on a camper.

On our pop up, there is a hose under the sink just for winterizing. I would say your camper doesnt have something like that but you could use the intake on the pump side. We just get a couple gallons of antifreeze, put that hose in it and turn the valve on for the hose and turn the valve off thats coming from the fresh water tank and turn the pump on. Then we open all COLD water valves till pink anti-freeze comes out. For the hot water side, we made sure it was drained then opened a hot water valve and let just a little anti-freeze in the hot water tank. You do not want to fill it totally up with anti-freeze since that would take WAY to much antifreeze and you would never get it all out come spring. On ours, its easy to by pass the water tank once weve made sure a little anti-freeze is in it by taking the inlet hose off along with the outlet and connecting them together. Then you can open all the hot water valves till pink anti-freeze comes out.

For the fresh water tank, we have a gravity fill so we just poured what we thought was enough to keep it from freezing.

Make sure the batteries are all ok on water and are fully charged.

We used -50F RV/Boat Anti-freeze which is ok for the environment. DO NOT use automotive anti-freeze since it will kill you and can harm the environment.

Again, ours is just a pop-up camper so Im sure yours requires much more work. It would probably be best for you to get on some camper forums and search for winterizing to get an idea.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');