• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final polishing step with a rotary or a DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Final polishing step with a rotary or a DA?

I tend to finish with the rotary about 80-90% of the time... M80 with a 9006 pad is just amazing on pretty much any paint, from my experience of course... I will sometimes run into problems with the rotary on some paints, especially harder clears and VWs, where I simply cannot finish without holograms... that's when I'll take a black LC pad and something like M82 or M3 and finish down with a PC/G110.

Lately it's been mostly rotary/M80/9006 with a well primed pad and about 5-7 passes 600 spread, 900, 1200, 1500, 1500, 1200, 900
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

I'm really wondering who voted "by hand" and why and also why is "by hand" beating Flex... weird!
      Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
      Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Originally posted by ivopivo View Post
        I'm really wondering who voted "by hand" and why and also why is "by hand" beating Flex... weird!
        The Flex and hand options were added after the poll was already started. I use the Flex to finish off with most the time but consider it a DA.
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I usually go something like this.... M105 for sure, depending on the condition of the paint, I use various pads, from heavy cutting to light polishing but always the same product. When Im compounding.... Then thats followed by M205 on various types of polishing pads, once again depending on the paint condition I use this on various types of pads, from heavy polishing all the way to a finishing pad. When Im polishing... When I polish I use the rotary and I work up from moderate pressure to just the machine weight, to minimize the holograms. I also work the hell out of the M205.... Based on what type of paint it is ( soft, hard, ceramic, blah blah...) after that there is usually no holograms, if there is I try to wax by hand to remove them, if that doesnt work onto the DA with finishing pad and a non cleaner wax... No matter how easy I am with the DA I almost always end up with slight haze or slight marring, when I use it.. For a truly clear finish I beleive the rotary is the way to go... But I usually end up using the DA
          www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

Oh and by the M205, is the new sliced bread....
            And maybe it would help if Meguiars came out with an even softer pad for finishing!?!?!?!?!?
            www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

My only question is how did I end up viewing this thread. It was under "Todays Post" but the last post before me was in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                My only question is how did I end up viewing this thread. It was under "Todays Post" but the last post before me was in 2009
                The thread was bumped due to the fact that someone voted in the poll.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Polisher

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');