• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What products do you recommend???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What products do you recommend???

I plan on purchasing the PC. What products do you recommend. I have a black F-150 that is 3 years old. I think I need to go with 83, 82, 81, and then NXT.

What do you recommend for a new car? I have two cars ordered. A silver 300C, and a Superblack 350Z.

I have some microfibers and WW ordered, what accessories do you recommend with the PC?

Thanks in advance.

You're definately on the right track. Listed below are most of the products that I use (in no particular order)

Depending on the results on your paint inspection, I would definately clay bar first (especially on the 3 year old truck).

Set of 3 Polishing Pads
    Ultimate Wipe
    Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish
    Body Shop Professional Swirl Free Polish
    Body Shop Professional Hand Polish
    NXT Generation Tech Wax
    Quik Clay Detailing System
    Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    Ultimate Bonnet

hope this helps - good luck!

Comment

buzzardmountain

Welcome to the PC world. The products you suggested are fine. I have them and use them regularly. I might think about adding #80 or swapping it for the #82 but that is just me.

You need a couple sets of pads. For the vehicles you mentioned I think you should have at least 4 polishing and two finishing pads. I dedicate a pad or two to a product. I don't use the PC for wax application or removal. If you plan on doing this you will need additional pads. While your ordering consider adding a tin of #16 if you think you may want to use a topper. Also be sure to get a bottle of the NXT booster spray wax. I use this stuff frequently. It's easy and fast and the results are stunning.

To keep your vehicles free from swirls and scratches be sure you use the two bucket wash method and clean wash mitts. I replace my wash mitts frequently. A "grit guard" is also a handy aid in this regard. I like the NXT Tech Wash and it's a good value. The key is to prevent swirls and scratches as they are much harder to remove than to prevent in the first place.

You might consider the Glass Cleaner concentrate from the Detailer Line and a dressing for your rubber and vinyl. I use #39 and #40. These are available as a kit. (RESREM03)

You may also wish consider the New Products Offer 04 (NPROD04)

Again, welcome to the forum and take some before and after pics for us.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's online!!

I would second what jfelbab said, add #80 Speed Glaze. Besides that, I think that you already have a great set of products to tackle all sorts of jobs..

Of course, you need a dedicated pad for each product. Meguiar's doesn't recommend using different products in one pad.

Hope that helps!
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

We are glad to have you as a Member of Meguiar's Online!

Looks like you fellow members already have you on the road to Success!

Lynn
          Lynn Matthews

Comment

Am I adding 80 as an additional step or in place of another?

I've been searching but I'm somewhat confused as to what pads to use with which products (polishing, finishing, cutting, etc...)

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Comment

I plan on doing this to my black 3 yr old truck.

Clay bar, 83, 82 and/or 80, 81, and then two coats of NXT.

Are these the correct products and steps to use?

Would you use these same products and steps for the new cars? One Silver and one black.

Again, the pads are confusing to me.

Thanks for your patience. Just trying to make sure I understand. And ready to order.

Comment

i personally use:
                claybar
                then #83 on polishing pad
                #81 on polishing pad
                NXT on finishing pad

Comment

Originally posted by buzzardmountain
                  I plan on doing this to my black 3 yr old truck.

Clay bar, 83, 82 and/or 80, 81, and then two coats of NXT.

Are these the correct products and steps to use?

Would you use these same products and steps for the new cars? One Silver and one black.

Again, the pads are confusing to me.

Thanks for your patience. Just trying to make sure I understand. And ready to order.
                  Well, #83, #82, and #80 are all paint cleaners with mild polish in them.. The only differ in terms of their cleaning strength.. #83 is the strongest, then #80 then #82. Well, you don't have to get #80 and I think your choice and steps that will be used would be great! Either 82 or #80 after the DACP would be great..

As for the silver (light) colored car, I would just suggest Clay, #83, #80 then go ahead to NXT x 2... #80 is already quite rich in polishing oils and #81 works well with dark colored cars so it's just an optional step..

Hope this helps..

Comment

That helps alot Bri, thanks.

Do you guys remove product with the PC or by hand with Microfiber. I saw another post where someone removed the different steps by hand but removed NXT with the PC. With a microfiber bonnet I presume.

One I get this pad thing straightened out, I'll be on my way.

Thanks everyone for your help. Any other suggestions are very appreciated.

Comment

I'm such a noob!

I was wondering about what pads to use. I had printed out the recommendations yesterday showing products, recommend pad, and speed. I was just looking at the columns showing speed and product.

What a dork I am. Guess I got to excited.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

also have a black F150 and clayed, then used 83, 82, 81 finished with NXT X2. Products applied with PC, removed with MF. Here are some pix of the results:
                        Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Good luck.

Comment

Glad to be of help buzzardmountain! Post pics when you detail your car!! Good luck man!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');