• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can i use to protect and restore my vinyl top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i use to protect and restore my vinyl top?

i have a 1992 cadillac brougham and i wanna keep the vinyl top on it protected and bring back its shine.i believe its made out of leather. is there a product that i can use on it?

Re: what can i use to protect and restore my vinyl top?

If it's leather you want to use a leather cleaner/condition/protectant, any of our Gold Class products would work for this.

Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

If it's vinyl then any of our vinyl cleaner/conditioner/protectants will work.

The key is to find a product you like and use it often, don't try to treat it once and let it go...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

How can I tell if its leather or vinyl?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      If it's leather you want to use a leather cleaner/condition/protectant, any of our Gold Class products would work for this.

Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

If it's vinyl then any of our vinyl cleaner/conditioner/protectants will work.

The key is to find a product you like and use it often, don't try to treat it once and let it go...

Comment

You might need to go ask a Cadilac Forum for that kind of info, if the manual does not say.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The reason I asked is because most/all of these kinds of tops are actually vinyl, not leather.

If you can look at the backside you can tell because leather looks like leather, (dead skin), and vinyl looks like vinyl and will often have some kind of cloth weave laminated to it in some fashion.

Like Matt said, if you don't already belong to a Cadillac forum find one and join it because it will be filled with Cadillac aficionados that will know more about your Cadillacs than you can probably learn in a lifetime.

When it comes to learning how to take care of the materials and coatings on you car you'll likely get recommendations for this on the Cadillac forum too and that's a good thing but check it against what we recommend and then make your decision as to whose how-to advice you want to follow.

For what it's worth, you can safely use our leather products on vinyl, we just don't recommend using vinyl products on leather, so if you want something to use TODAY, go with the leather product and when you verify that the top is in face vinyl just switch over, no harm will be done.

You should be able to find our leather products at most auto parts stores and even Target and Walmart.

I've never seen a modern Cadillac with a leather top, all I've seen is vinyl tops and I'm partial to classic Cadillacs and have owned a few so I do pay attention to how they're made.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');