• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt tech wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nxt tech wax 2.0

I have used this product twice, and both times it leaves an oily residue that will not come off. What am I doing wrong!

Comment

did u shake it enough or at all

Comment

Originally posted by vincer77 View Post
        I have used this product twice, and both times it leaves an oily residue that will not come off. What am I doing wrong!

Be certain to let it dry; do the swipe test.

Comment

I love it for the fact that it is SUPER easy to use, probably the most user friendly LSP I've ever used. Its lasts fairly long and looks really nice on light color cars (silver and white); at the same time, I have found products with better longevity and looks. I'm a bit of a carnauba snob, but I still keep a bottle of NXT liquid in my detail bag on every job and estimate I go on. There are lots of situations in which NXT is my go-to product. A little goes a long way and I still have 1 1/2 bottles left!
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by vincer77 View Post
            The number one cause of streaking with NXT or any other wax is using too much product. The average person uses enough wax to wax 10 cars in a single application - literally.

Michael Stoops posted a prime example pictures from a Thursday Night Open Garage where the wax was so thick on half of the car that they were able to wax the other half without adding any more wax o the applicator.

When I apply NXT 2.0 or M21 2.0 I apply it so thinly that I have to have proper lighting to even see the light haze. If you put it on thick enough that it has raised ridges and sections - you are using WAY too much product. Then you when go to remove it you are only removing the top layer(s), and the streaking is caused by the additional layers of still-wet wax underneath.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i applied 2 coats of tech wax 1 week apart on my car and it turned out great!
              easy to use, i have the paste one and it was around 33°f when i applied it.
              Regards Voltaire

The shiny one from Zürich

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');