• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface temperature

What does the temperature of a cars surface have to be in order to safely detail/polish? A couple weeks ago I had to detail a black car in the sun but the temperature never got past high 40's, and the surface was cool. I had no choice but to do it outside. It was in the evening by the time I had to wax so that was done in the shade. Turned out great in the end but what could happen if it's sunny with temps in the 80's with humidity?

Thanks

Re: Surface temperature

What temperature ranges are best for applying cleaners, polishes, and waxes

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Here you go...

What temperature ranges are best for applying cleaners, polishes, and waxes

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I guess I better turn the heat on in the garage tonight! We did not get much past 39 deg today. Parade tomorrow and I wanted to UQD the car. Thanks for the tips guys.
        Frank
        "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas A. Edison

Comment

QD wont be as affected by temperature, but still could get some streaking in the cold.

The 'thicker' products like cleaners, waxes, etc seem to gum up a lot more for me. But I'll always UQD after a wash, even if cold.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Great info.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');