• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering polishes and waxes in the winter months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering polishes and waxes in the winter months

A question just popped into my head. We all know that before winter arrives we need to bring in from the garage our polishes and waxes, lest they freeze and get ruined. What about ordering these products during the winter months? I don't imagine that Federal Express and UPS keep the packages in warm warehouses and warm trucks throughout the period of transit. Is there not a good chance that the polishes and liquid waxes will also freeze during this delivery period?

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Ordering polishes and waxes in the winter months

Yes, that is a real concern. I read this the other day on Eshine when I ordered my M16.

Extreme Temperatures
    During cold weather months there is a chance that products may freeze in transit. There are no couriers that offer any guarantee against freezing. Please understand that although eShine.ca strives to provide our customers with the best service ordering liquid products during extreme temperatures is at the risk of the customer. Not all products are ruined when frozen, please email us if you have any questions.

I live in sunny California, so I have never thought about this before. I can't think of anything I have ordered other than the M16 that might be an issue. Most of everything else I have ordered has been electronics in nature.

Mike
    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Paste waxes are safe aren't they?

Comment

I know, I'm was wanting to get my hands on 205 as soon as I could, but now it's gotten pretty cold here, so when Rick at ADS gets it, I will have to pick a warm week to place my order...

Comment

Paste waxes will go bad if they are frozen.

If I have to ship a detailing product during the winter, I wait until it's atleast 27 degrees during the night for the destination city. The products will sit in the truck overnight and that's when the items will freeze.
          Chris
          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
            I know, I'm was wanting to get my hands on 205 as soon as I could, but now it's gotten pretty cold here, so when Rick at ADS gets it, I will have to pick a warm week to place my order...
            Good luck with that! No warm weather in the forecast for us. It's hard to believe six weeks ago my boat was still in the water and seven weeks ago it was in the 80's! It's hard to get in the detailing mood this weekend.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I have had glass cleaner arrive with ice floating on the top.... still seemed to work at least.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Because of the concerns of freezing, I try to load up by the second week of October. This way I am usually set until spring. Check the weather between here and Arizona, then place my next order. It works for me being in Florida.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  Because of the concerns of freezing, I try to load up by the second week of October. This way I am usually set until spring. Check the weather between here and Arizona, then place my next order. It works for me being in Florida.
                  This is good advice. It's not a problem for me, as I already have most of my supplies and do not anticipate ordering much in the future (excluding some of the new 2009 products, of course). One of us needs to remember to post this counsel come next October.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Yeah, if you don't have it by October what's the point anyways. (For those that detail outside without a garage in more Northern-like climates.)
                    Rob A.
                    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
                      Yeah, if you don't have it by October what's the point anyways. (For those that detail outside without a garage in more Northern-like climates.)
                      Makes it difficult when Meguiars likes to release their new products around the end of the year living here in the midwest. If it wasn't for the anticipation for 205, I would just wait till spring...

Comment

It seems to me that products that are packaged well (cardboard, packing peanuts, sealed, etc) shouldn't have to worry about freezing in most cases. I'm sure it's possible for product to freeze, but I have to think the shipping supplies can help regulate some of the temp.

Of course, I have no scientific data to prove this...just going on common sense.
                        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                          Makes it difficult when Meguiars likes to release their new products around the end of the year living here in the midwest. If it wasn't for the anticipation for 205, I would just wait till spring...
                          My thoughts exactly. They should switch to fiscal year (I think it's how it works), we get a new budget for county and state in July, not January.
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Or do it like a car. In the last quarter of the year release the next years products. This way we could have our new toys for Christmas.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');