• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You've Created A Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Created A Monster

Thought I would share my Autozone visit at lunch today.

I went in to pick up some GC Leather Conditioner/Cleaner and a salesperson walked up while I was browsing the other products (which by the way, they are carrying a lot more Meguiar's products lately - consumer and professional grade). He pointed to the NXT Tech Wax and said,

"Have you tried this stuff?"

I told him I had and pointed to my Monte. He asked about the NXT Spray Wax as well. I proceeded to tell him that it wasn't a Quik Detailer, but it was a Booster Wax and should be used as such. I told him to buy the Megs Quik Detailer if that is what he needed.

I realized people were starting to gather around us while we talked. I told him (them) that he needed to let the NXT Tech Wax dry for 15 minutes or so before removing - just do the whole car then go back to removing where you started, etc...

More questions started coming and I answered, etc... I feel like I gave a Megs clinic! Oh, and people picked up product and bought it too!!

My point is two months ago I couldn't have told them anything. You guys have taught me a lot. A WHOLE LOT. Thanks for that. It was a good feeling to have a good grip on what I was talking about and be able to guide people with confidence. I am really enjoying my time here. I also pushed this site.

Thanks again and I am still loving' NXT products. They are in a world of their own!

One question - can I use the Tech Protectant under the hood for engine dressing - hoses etc...?

Don

Re: You've Created A Monster

Originally posted by 00Monte
    One question - can I use the Tech Protectorant under the hood for engine dressing - hoses etc...?

Don
    Hey, I never thought about that use! I'm curious to hear what is the official word.

Brian

Comment

I don't like NXT Tech Protectant under the hood on the hoses, etc. The protectant seems not to dry. Days after using it rub your finger over the surface and you will see it is still oily. This attracts and hold dirt. I prefer to use products that dry hard.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

I really like CD2 Engine detailer for under the hood stuff. Stoner's Trim Shine does a good job for dressing hoses as well. Both are available at local retail stores. Meg's pro line has a bunch of new dressings that are great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
          I really like CD2 Engine detailer for under the hood stuff.
          I used it, it's very easy to use and gives great results, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere locally. I think when the NXT line came out it pushed CD2 off the shelves

Brian

Comment

You suspect that this is another product that will disappear under the EPA laws?

I haven't seen this product on the shelves in my area in a month.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab
              I don't like NXT Tech Protectant under the hood on the hoses, etc. The protectant seems not to dry. Days after using it rub your finger over the surface and you will see it is still oily. This attracts and hold dirt. I prefer to use products that dry hard.
              I agree! tried it once, won't use it again I had cotton and dirt all over everything after a day of driving.

I have used CD2 seems to use a lot of product to get the look but it looks good when its dry and nothing seems to stick to it.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thought I would share my Autozone visit at lunch today.

I went in to pick up some GC leather conditioner/cleaner and a salesperson walked up while I was browsing the other products (which by the way, they are carrying a lot more Meguiar's products lately - consumer and professional grade). He pointed to NXT Tech Wax and said, "Have you tried this stuff?" I told him I had and pointed to my Monte. He asked about the NXT Spray Wax as well. I proceeded to tell him that it wasn't a QD it was a booster wax and should be used as such. I told him to buy the Megs QD if that is what he needed.

I realized people were starting to gather around us while we talked. I told him (them) that he needed to let the NXT Tech Wax sit for 15 minutes or so before removing - just do the whole car then go back to removing where you started, etc...

More questions started coming and I answered, etc... I feel like I gave a Megs clinic. Oh, and people picked up product and bought it too!!

My point is two months ago I couldn't have told them anything. You guys have taught me a lot. A WHOLE LOT. Thanks for that. It was a good feeling to have a good grip on what I was talking about and be able to guide people with confidence. I am really enjoying my time here. I also pushed this site.

Thanks again and I am still lovin' NXT products. They are in a world of their own!

Don
                Wow! Now that's the kind of story I like to hear! Good job! Doesn't it feel nice to know you've helped people that want to do the job right the first time, but don't know or are unsure as to what products to use and/or how to use them.

I find myself doing this same kind of thing at retail stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc, and auto parts stores whenever I walk by the wax isle.

Thanks for sharing this story!

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

One question - can I use the Tech Protectorant under the hood for engine dressing - hoses etc...?

Don
                  Sure you can, if you can clean these items first you will get better results. I would suggest applying it with a piece of terry cloth towel to better help you work the product in. After you've finished, give everything a second wipe with a clean, dry towel to remove any excess and leave a nice matte finish.

Another product that works well in the engine compartment is this,

Gold Class Trim Detailer

Of course the look you get will be personal preference as jfelbab commented he doesn't like this product for engine components.

If you have the product, you can always give it a try and decide for yourself.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

i use nxt tech protectant under the hood,all the time.
                    i prep the engine compartment first,i begin with extra,all over everything,and use a brush to work it in,and because i don't like to use a hose in this comprtment,i dry it with an old microfiber.
                    after this,i spry nxt protectant on all plastics,and hoses.
                    i leave them alone for 10 minutes,and wipe them off with anothe mf towel.
                    i did this with my porsche too,andit seems not to attract more dust then usual,in fact,the plastics stay clean much longer than untreated.
                    hope to be of any help with this.

ciao

Rick

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I might try it one time as Mike suggested - buffing it off to a clean matte finish and see if I like it.

Mike - I thought you would appreciate the story. It really did feel good to know a little bit about what I was talking about.

Just got back from dinner and there was a car club there eating together. There were three 50s model Vette convertibles, a 70 Chevelle covertible, a 57 Bel Air convertible, a 69 Camaro Convertible, a 65 Mustang convertible and a 40s model Chevrolet. A couple of the cars had really nice finishes. But for the most part these cars had terrible paint condition. I was really surprised with the quality of the cars being so good overall for the paint to look so bad up close. I talked to most of the folks and it seemed they were far more interested in engines and transmissions than in paint condition. Still a neat dinner treat to see such nice cars.

Have a nice night!

Don

Comment

sounds like some new clients, haha.

Comment

#40 can be used for under hood detailing.

Comment

bump
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');